Upcoming Opportunities - Senior Client Manager, Regional Client Group, Global Merchant & Network Services
This Sr. Client Manager (CLM) position is responsible for managing a portfolio of approximately 80-95 merchants (B2B and B2C) representing over $1-1.8 billion in annual American Express charge volume. These are well-known brands across various industries and verticals including business and professional services, restaurant, retail, lodging and charities etc.
Responsibilities include managing and expanding American Express’ merchant relationships through developing and delivering valuable insights, solutions, consultation and creativity. This includes establishing deep, mutually beneficial and profitable, relationships with the merchants and driving incremental revenue to the merchant and Amex. By understanding the merchant's organization and industry, and applying knowledge of American Express, Sr. Client Managers serve as consultants within Amex to develop and sell customized solutions that help merchants manage and optimize their investments, payment processing and card acceptance experiences.
Do you enjoy a dynamic, collaborative work environment where you can make a mark? Are you someone who knows how to drive significant business results and new partnerships? Are you excited to join a team culture that is opportunistic, innovative, accountable, customer-oriented and results-focused? If so, this role is for you.
In this role, the responsibilities are to:
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 80-95 merchants located in San Francisco /Bay Area.
- Establish and build strong relationships through consistent in-person interaction with merchants regarding their business model, industry, marketplace, etc.
- Elevate, deepen and broaden C-Level, Finance, Treasury, Sales and Marketing Relationships within portfolio with focus on leveraging those relationships to drive revenue for Amex.
- Identify and expand existing business relationships, close acceptance gaps with Merchants, and develop strategic portfolio / account plans.
- Provide proactive consultation to drive business growth and improve customer satisfaction.
- Develop and execute strategic account plans to grow Amex revenue, market share and increase profitability.
- Increase Amex relevance by consistently and effectively communicating the value story.
- Consistently track / evaluate business results with a focus on moving opportunities through sales pipeline
- Build and leverage relationships with internal network to efficiently execute against account growth plans.
- Increase Merchant Satisfaction (NPS score).
Excellent financial skills, strong qualitative and analytical skills and the ability to prepare financial analysis to support value propositions and support growth proposals.
Strong negotiation, influencing and collaboration skills are required.
Highly customer focused, a self-starter and a results-driven individual.
Ability to articulate value proposition and connect it to the customer’s business model.
Strong presentation/negotiation skills and the ability to build rapport and credibility.
Proven success of influencing and collaborating with C-level decision makers.
Excellent oral/written communication and be proficient in MS Office applications.
Minimum of 5 years of proven success in account management/sales and portfolio planning preferred.
Ability to communicate frequently, candidly and clearly. Ability to listen and adapt/pivot approach
Knowledge of the Merchant / acquiring business and/or the U.S. payments industry are strongly preferred.
Educational requirement: Minimum of a college degree, MBA preferred.
Role requires ~30-40% travel
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 17, 2019, 8:26:01 PM