Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express is entering into a technology transformation phase driven by opportunities to modernize legacy platforms, and explore modern software to be on the leading edge of the payments industry. American Express is looking for strong leaders to be part of high performing teams that will build and support our next generation platforms. If you have the talent and passion to drive innovation and deliver at a rapid pace, with deep hands on experience in areas of real-time, highly available, cloud-native application development, join our engineering teams to transform our systems.
Your primary responsibility is to lead the development of our next generation distributed platform, aligning resources and delivery with business growth and diversification, while significantly improving service quality and cost-effectiveness. We expect the individual to be innovative and energetic with strong communications skills.
The Global Merchant Services Technology Machine Learning (GMST-ML) group leads Machine Learning work on business and operational use cases across merchant domain. Improving revenue by predicting merchant churn, reducing operational risk, finding new opportunities for acquisition, personalizing merchant experience are among the many innovative and challenging assignments that our team is working on. We are a vibrant group of Data scientists and ML engineers with right blend of expertise and experience. We have state-of-the-art infrastructure to shape up the ideas into real-world products. Our mantra is to ensure that all critical decision making in merchant organization is backed by AI/ML.
- Has ability to synthesize, research and combine ideas into a creating a machine learning model for business problems.
- Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or any relevant quantitative field.
- Deep understanding and hands-on industry experience of Machine Learning algorithms, deep learning, dimension reductions, model evaluation metrics, time series models, natural language processing, clustering, …
- Ability to balance between speed, reliability and interpretability.
- Experience designing and implementing software solutions using Python/Pyspark.
- Has understanding and working knowledge of big data engineering components like HDFS, Hive and Spark.
- Has knowledge of product deployment using the concepts of DevOps leveraging CI/CD pipeline.
- Ability to tune system/ model performance using engineering principles and machine learning concepts to achieve desired scalability and throughput.
• Master’s degree in computer science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or any other technical discipline.
• 3+ years of software development experience in: Pyspark, Python, Hive.
• 2+ years Machine Learning / Data Science in real world use cases with deep understanding of the algorithms.
• Exposure to Neural Network models such as LSTM, RNN, CNN and Autoencoders.
• Understanding of CICD pipeline and software version control
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2019, 7:55:45 AM