Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express is entering into a technology transformation phase driven by opportunities to modernize legacy platforms, and explore modern software to be on the leading edge of the payments industry. American Express is looking for strong leaders to be part of high performing teams that will build and support our next generation platforms. If you have the talent and passion to drive innovation and deliver at a rapid pace, with deep hands on experience in areas of real-time, highly available, cloud-native application development, join our engineering teams to transform our systems.
Your primary responsibility is to lead the development of our next generation distributed platform, aligning resources and delivery with business growth and diversification, while significantly improving service quality and cost-effectiveness. We expect the individual to be innovative and energetic with strong communications skills.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
As part of Enterprise Information Management Platforms team, you will work on designing and deploying highly scalable data platforms using Database solutions (Cassandra/Couchbase/Mongo/Jethro/MySQL) to support Mission Critical Applications.
• Implementation of Data solutions using Database products (e.g. Cassandra/Couchbase/Mongo/Jethro/MySQL) to support large data processing (TB’s/ PB’s) across Enterprise and on-call support
• Plays an integral role in building and enhancing the data infrastructure using Database solutions required to support the business portfolio while providing consultation to internal business partners, customers and vendors in assessing data management needs.
• Provide Platform blueprints using next generation data management tools and technical solutions to support Mission Critical Platforms
• Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
• Automate all the things using Ansible / Cloud forms etc - builds, infrastructure and deployments.
• Drive standardization to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
• Provide level 2 support for core data platform disruptions
• At least 2 + years of strong hands on professional experience building Distributed Database Solutions (Cassandra/Couchbase/Mongo/Jethro/MySQL)
• B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other engineering discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• Good knowledge of data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
• Expertise in hardware systems architecture, storage solutions, and disaster recovery
• Experience with OpenStack or other private ‘cloud’ management solutions.
• Experience developing Ansible modules to automate infra as a code and regular patching operations
• Experience with monitoring tools such as Appdynamics, Icinga etc
• Python, Bash or other scripting language knowledge
• Knowledge of virtualization technologies (Kubernetes, KVM, Containers ..)
• Linux Master Skills
• Experience and knowledge in networking architecture and security. API and REST based Web services development is a plus
• Ability to work with team members in multiple geographic locations and time zones.
• High levels of energy, engagement, and ownership. Positive attitude is an absolute must.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• On-call support experience
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2019, 4:35:56 AM