Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express is entering into a technology transformation phase driven by opportunities to modernize legacy platforms, and explore modern software to be on the leading edge of the payments industry. American Express is looking for strong leaders to be part of high performing teams that will build and support our next generation platforms. If you have the talent and passion to drive innovation and deliver at a rapid pace, with deep hands on experience in areas of real-time, highly available, cloud-native application development, join our engineering teams to transform our systems.
Your primary responsibility is to lead the development of our next generation distributed platform, aligning resources and delivery with business growth and diversification, while significantly improving service quality and cost-effectiveness. We expect the individual to be innovative and energetic with strong communications skills.
Do you have the ability to put together unique cutting-edge customer facing solutions that increase business value and customer engagement by demonstrating strong architectural and UX principles and that are data driven? Do you have a strong desire to help influence and get results across a diverse organization?
American Express is embarking on an exciting digital transformation driven by an energetic team. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our Technology and Product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across the globe through various channels, join our team!
• Serving as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and develops responsive web applications.
• Performing hands-on software development, typically spending 50-60% of time actually writing code and unit tests, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews, and testing in ongoing sprints
• Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
• Developing deep understanding of integrations with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
• Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
• Mentoring team members.
• Work closely with product managers, back-end and other front-end developers to implement versatile solutions to tricky web development problems
• Work with Product Owners to define requirements and plan increments of work.
• Drive automation and ensure automated test scripts are completed for new features.
• Perform all aspects of software development for assigned applications, including developing prototypes, writing new code and creating API's.
• Architect and build integration components and interfaces in collaboration with other colleagues.
• Demonstrate a passion for continuous learning and willingness to adopt new technologies.
• Good attitude, communication, willingness to learn and collaborate
• Bring a culture of innovation, ideas, and continuous improvement
• Challenging status quo, demonstrate risk taking, and implement creative ideas
• BS or MS degree in computer science, or equivalent 3-4 years of work experience
• Able to demonstrate strong web fundamentals & knowledge of DOM
• Experience writing adaptive and responsive UI applications
• 3+ years Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) / Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing, including frameworks such as, WebDriverIO, Cucumber.JS
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environment and platforms, especially npm, GIT and Jenkins
• 5+ yrs working in an Agile or SAFe Agile development environment
• Proven experience building scalable web applications
• Good communication skills - able to explain concepts to product managers and business partners in ways that are meaningful to them
• Experience of i18n and a11y concepts is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 15, 2019, 11:18:44 PM