American Express invites you to share your resume so you can be considered for future Analyst opportunities in the New York, Phoenix, Salt Lake City and Sunrise locations within our Global Risk, Banking & Compliance Organization (GRBC).
At American Express we are passionate about our commitment to driving growth and progress by creating a culture of awareness and proactivity around regulatory matters to ensure we deliver maximum value to our shareholders and our customers efficiently and effectively. The Global Risk, Banking & Compliance Organization (GRBC) ensures the company operates in a safe, sound and fully compliant manner within all applicable regulatory expectations. There are several exciting analyst and manager opportunities across GRBC in the following areas:
Global Operational Risk & Oversight Organization (GORO) is responsible for managing the various risks AXP faces through continuous monitoring, reviews and testing processes. This team strengthens AXP’s risk management practices through the latest advances in data science and technology, staying apprised of changing regulatory landscape, and monitoring emerging risks across the industry. This team is responsible for overseeing Enterprise, Operational, Credit, Market, and Model Risk across the company and provides regular updates to the AXP Chief Risk Officer.
Global Compliance & Ethics (GCE) maintains and continually enhances a comprehensive and highly effective compliance program across the company. Compliance colleagues play a critical role in protecting the Company, our brand and colleagues through practical, solution-focused guidance on regulatory and ethics-related matters. A team of compliance officers work closely with the General Counsel's Office, business units, staff groups, and risk professionals across the company to provide standards and guidance in the development, implementation and maintenance of comprehensive compliance programs and to promote a strong risk management culture.
Global Regulatory Affairs (GRA) consists of International Banking, Exam Management, and Regulatory Relations. The team builds strong partnerships with US and international regulators, drives operational excellence in the handling of examinations and all regulatory interactions, and helps to formulate an accurate and appropriate position for the company in connection with matters under regulatory review.
The Privacy & Information Risk Management team is responsible for overseeing the risks related Global Privacy, Information Security, Records Management, Data Deletion and Information Technology. The team focus on driving and maintaining trust in the American Express brand through the creation of independent risk frameworks, policies and practices that ultimately protect our customers’ personal information while driving transparency and fairness in how the Company uses data
- Demonstrated experience building, sustaining and leveraging relationships
- Track record of effective communication and presentations to multiple stakeholders, senior management and executives.
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills and attention to detail with excellent follow-up skills
- Demonstrated willingness to take initiative and act decisively
- Ability to think strategically and influence teammates on multiple, cross-functional teams
- Project management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize, manage, analyze, and interpret large amounts of data to identify trends and themes
- Proven ability to translate highly technical and complex information into easily understandable terms
- Superior Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding and knowledge of bank laws and regulations, relevant compliance requirements, U.S. Bank systems and processes as well as legal contracts and related governance activities a plus.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance requirements, preferably at a regulated financial institution and / or consumer products and AML/ Anti-Corruption/BSA.
- Commercial real estate or commercial underwriting background, experience in CRA investment vehicles or a Community Development Finance Certification.
- Experience with audit, compliance, risk, regulatory management, marketing and product management, finance, technologies or control related functions is a plus
- Good knowledge of the framework of risk management and financial credit products and assets
- SAS, SQL, skills a plus
- Familiarity with statistical/analytical software packages.
- Experience with Archer/SIQ also a plus.
American Express’ heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from an express mail business in 1850, to one of the world’s largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we’ve never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace.
From our high employee Satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognized as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built –trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 18, 2019, 12:12:50 PM