Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express is entering into a technology transformation phase driven by opportunities to modernize legacy platforms, and explore modern software to be on the leading edge of the payments industry. American Express is looking for strong leaders to be part of high performing teams that will build and support our next generation platforms. If you have the talent and passion to drive innovation and deliver at a rapid pace, with deep hands on experience in areas of real-time, highly available, cloud-native application development, join our engineering teams to transform our systems.
Your primary responsibility is to lead the development of our next generation distributed platform, aligning resources and delivery with business growth and diversification, while significantly improving service quality and cost-effectiveness. We expect the individual to be innovative and energetic with strong communications skills.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
We're seeking an engineer who possesses deep technical and analytical skills and can work as part of an ultra agile team of strong engineers. Our engineers "know" big data and keep up with the latest technologies. They're able to quickly assess a problem and provide good solutions. Other than just technical expertise, they also display good judgement and intuition honed by learning from past experience.
This position suits someone who possesses strong technical fundamentals, can take the initiative to research and determine the right solution for non trivial requirements and quickly implement proof of concept. The candidate should be able to study and possibly extend open source code of various projects.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
• Contribute in an agile team. Contribute to the release of new features on the platform by working with the product and technical leadership.
• Help formulate and enforce best practices, ensure great test coverage for all projects.
• Incorporate DevOps practices in day to day work. Ensure Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery for all the projects owned by your team.
• Work on proof of concepts on new tools and technologies to assess their feasibility for the Amex platforms.
• Design, gather and present quality metrics to quantify the benefit of all the changes on the platform.
Shift timing- Day shift
• Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent workexperience, is preferred.
• 3+ years of software development experience in: Java, Spark, Scala, and Unix.
• 3+ years software development experience in Informaticaor other like ETL tools.
• 2+ years of Linux Experience. Ideally you have contributed to OpenSourceprojects
• Good understanding of Oracledatabases.
• Experience with mainframe COBOL a plus.
• Experience with Web engineering solutions using Angular, JS a plus.
•Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions.
• Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential at the core of Software Engineering.
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
• Agile Practices
• Porting/Software Configuration
• Programming Languages and Frameworks
• Business Analysis
• Analytical Thinking
• Business Product Knowledge
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2019, 9:38:17 AM