We’re looking for an Engineering Director in Commercial Mobile & Expense Management team to drive the delivery of new features and capabilities. We want someone with strong technical skills and creativity. Should enjoy solving tough problems and working with new technologies. You should not be shy about sharing your ideas and be obsessive about user experience and beautiful code.
You’ll be part of the Commercial Mobile & Expense Management Engineering team whose mandate is to develop new products and platforms for American Express business customers. Our aim is to build interactive experiences at all touch points of a consumer's journey whether before, at, or after the time of purchase. Your primary responsibilities will be to serve as a core member of an engineering team to develop and lead digital and automated solutions, lead Mobile & Web apps for our customers, that will be used by millions of American Express cardholders around the world. You will be to lead a team of engineers developing mobile /web applications and digital solutions. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies, automation, architecture and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment with the stability of working for a Fortune 100 company. This leader will encompass a unique blend of strong leadership and an in-depth engineering skillset especially with modern application development technologies.
- Responsible for the people management of a highly talented Mobile and Web engineering teams
- Serve as a core member of an engineering team to develop and lead the development of Mobile apps, digital and automated solutions for our customers
- Lead, develop and design software applications, mobile apps, translating user needs into systems architecture
- Lead, assess and validate application performance and integration of component systems and provide process flow diagrams
- Lead a team that tests the engineering resilience of software and automation tools
- Assess, incorporate and lead user story analysis and elaboration to optimize software solution
- Apply visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts Reengineer systems and code for continuous improvement
- Engage in hands-on design and ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects to execute product roadmaps
- Collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders within business and technology teams to drive change required to execute product roadmaps
- Experience in managing software engineering teams designing and building software products in a fast-paced, complex and dynamic software development environment
- Extensive hands-on experience building and managing the development of complex, large scale applications and products that require a deep understanding of application logic and dependencies
- Experience attracting, hiring retaining and leading top engineering talent
- Prior experience building out consumer-facing platforms for the web with high performance and high scalability
- Experience with Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development methodologies is required
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related STEM field, followed by 10 plus years of progressively responsible software design, development, testing, and implementation experience.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 3, 2019, 7:09:43 AM