The Global Risk Banking & Compliance Organization (“GRBC”) ensures the company operates in a safe, sound and fully compliant manner within all applicable regulatory expectations. There are 5 main areas within GRBC; 1) Compliance, 2) Global Risk Oversight, 3) Global Bank Oversight, 4) Global Regulatory Affairs, and 5) Privacy and Information Risk Management. We are passionate about our commitment to driving the company’s goals of growth and progress by creating a culture of awareness and proactivity around regulatory matters, and by partnering closely with business units across the enterprise to ensure we deliver maximum value to our shareholders and our customers efficiently and effectively.
Within GRBC, we have subject matter experts focused on risk, Compliance, affiliate and vendor management among others. Some examples include:
Global Compliance provides support to each line of business across the company through Line of Business Compliance teams. The role will work on projects with compliance officers as they support the specific business partners, and evaluate solutions that will enable the business to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations for consumer products, capabilities, features and processes.
A successful Line of Business Compliance Officer will:
- Play a critical role within project steering committees, are integral members of project working teams and provide a solution driven approach while considering/mitigating risk.
- Advise and influence key components of product construct design to ensure products and features are built appropriately and in a compliant manner.
- Provide project Governance and Oversight and approve all features and output of test conditions.
- Maintain robust knowledge of critical impacted processes, platforms and corresponding risk and controls.
- Provide continual regulatory advice through every phase of projects.
will exhibit investigative, research intensive, and/or writing skills, while
meeting the following requirements and qualifications:
- Demonstrate experience building, sustaining and leveraging relationships
- Possess a strong work ethic, organizational skills and attention to detail with excellent follow-up skills
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
- Demonstrate willingness to take initiative and act decisively
- Ability to think strategically and influence teammates on multiple, cross-functional teams
- Positive, can-do attitude embracing Growth Mindset
- Project management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize, manage, analyze, and interpret large amounts of data
- Superior Microsoft Office skills
- Currently enrolled in a fulltime undergraduate degree program with a graduation date between December 2020 and June 2021
- Location: 18850 N. 56th Street Phoenix, Arizona 85054
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Don’t live life without it.
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We
appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in
contact with you by April 30th.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Tags: USUndergrad, Handshake UNV-12520
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 25, 2019, 2:46:29 AM