The Senior Manager, U.S. Agent Engagement role sits within the broader Global Industry Relations team of American Express Travel. This team is focused on continually enriching American Express Travel’s brand within the travel industry, facilitating supplier-specific and benefits training for our front-line Consultants so they deliver best-in-class servicing for Card Members, and providing differentiated partnership value for our Preferred Suppliers.
The successful candidate will own the strategy of engagement between suppliers and U.S. Travel Consultants, ensuring alignment with the broader organization’s goals. They will lead a team focused on the design and day-to-day operations of this engagement curriculum.
This position requires strong partnership across American Express Travel Learning & Development, Global Partnerships & Marketing, and Servicing Teams. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Leading a team that effectively executes events and opportunities against the engagement strategy
Refreshing the design and structure of agent engagement curriculum, ensuring all activities support American Express Travel goals
Incorporating rigorous methodology to measure success of each opportunity, driving strong correlation between consultant engagement and performance
Partnering with Learning & Development to ensure best-in-class interactions between consultants and suppliers
Working with Marketing teams to incorporate key Card Member-facing messaging and branding into events
Innovating and expanding virtual opportunities to further scale learning materials globally
- Ability to set and implement an end-to-end strategy: evaluate existing processes, recognize gaps, recommend the way forward, and execute to completion
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills, with the ability to lead, influence and work as part of a team to achieve goals; ability to manage, engage, and motivate a virtual team
- High level of comfort synthesizing and interpreting data to inform continual strategy refinement
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills, with an appreciation for key customer relationships (both external and internal)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to create and deliver cogent presentations to communicate strategy
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work autonomously on multiple projects simultaneously
- Travel Industry experience and knowledge of American Express Travel and our supplier network preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 7, 2019, 5:35:44 PM