Analyst – Derivatives and Hedging – Global Treasury Controllership (GTC) is part of the American Express Global Controllership Organization. GTC provides accounting and reporting support to the Company’s Treasury functions including debt issuances and redemptions, purchases and sales of investment securities, derivative transactions aimed at managing risk exposure.
This Derivatives and Hedging analyst role supports the Manager – Derivatives and Hedging and is responsible for preparing reports and supporting analysis for use by management and external reporting. The individual will be responsible for ensuring appropriate and consistent accounting and reporting for the Company’s FX balance sheet exposures and associated derivative portfolio.
Quarterly Reporting (80%):
- Develop, build and enhance internal management reporting of FX transactions impacting the Company’s Balance Sheet.
- The individual filling the role will be analytical, have a process improvement mindset and have strong data handling skills.
- This position works closely with Treasury’s global liquidity, exposure management, valuation, external reporting and global accounting policy groups. Particular areas of focus include:
- Derivative, Balance Sheet, Net Investment and FX Translation reporting.
- Perform detailed analysis of market impacts on the Company’s Balance Sheet and derivative portfolio.
- The individual filling the role must also build effective relationships with business partners: Treasury, External Reporting, Legal and Tax.
- Additional responsibilities include participation in various ad hoc projects, creating, updating and monitoring compliance with accounting policies in the Treasury area.
Business Advisory (20%):
- Supports interactions with the Company’s Treasury team supporting new transactions impacting the Company’s Balance Sheet FX exposure to ensure appropriate accounting and reporting considerations are assessed as part of the transaction review process.
- Supports interactions with the Company’s Global Accounting Policy and Advisory team and external auditors to support and drive accounting conclusions for new Treasury transactions.
- 1-3 years experience in finance and accounting – Big 4 experience preferred
- Working understanding of US GAAP (ASC 815, 820 and 830) and regulatory requirements for Bank Holding Companies
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, desire to collaborate and a focus on relationship building
- Experience in Treasury/Treasury Controllership and/or knowledge of capital markets is a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 4, 2019, 12:02:40 AM