- Providing sound financial guidance aligned to the overall company objectives in a time sensitive and consistent manner
- Analysing complex financial and business information from multiple data sources, deriving actionable business insights and recommendations and communicating these in a clear and concise manner to internal and external partners
- Providing decision support on key initiatives such as investment optimisation, partnerships, acquisitions, development of new products and other types of business development initiatives
- Develop portfolio management insights that are driven by advanced analytics through the utilisation of statistical/predictive modelling, or machine learning tools and techniques
- Building automated dashboards and reports leveraging Tableau or other reporting solutions
- Strong collaboration and relationship building ability is essential including the ability to influence others without having direct authority and manage multiple cross functional stakeholders
- Commercial acumen and experience synthesizing and communicating complex concepts, opportunities, recommendations and strategy (choices where to compete, what business model to employ, how to achieve competitive differentiation, how to allocate investment resources to achieve strategic ambitions, etc.) to Senior Leadership
- Very strong financial analysis and modelling skills are essential, with proven ability to drive analytical output aimed at identifying trends, developing key insights and required decisions for senior management
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects end-to-end, from ideation to delivery, with an innovative mindset to challenge the status quo
- Strong attention to detail; an analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Strong data and analytical skills; minimum four years’ experience with financial/data management and/or advanced analytics
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance / Engineering / Economics / Computer Science / Statistics) is essential.
- Microsoft Office (advanced Excel, Power Point)
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2019, 9:39:22 AM