Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Focus: Responsible for assisting with activities designed to systematically handle information security, such as security investigations, intelligence, assurance, and awareness, and/or other project oversight, including developing standard methodologies for information security standards and handling IT controls and compliance with regulatory guidance.
Organizational Context: Works with technology and business partners across business functions/processes to ensure alignment, understanding and ongoing communication on security controls, compliance and information security risk management. Works individually and with teams on both structured and unstructured assignments.
• Assists in developing, implementing and monitoring compliance to AXP and Information security policies, standards and procedures, and other policies and standards as appropriate
• Implements security policies by administering and monitoring profiles, reviewing violation reports and investigating possible exceptions; document controls
• Prepares materials (reports, presentations, spreadsheets, etc) on information security to help develop scenarios, response procedures, and to enable informed decision-making; verify completeness, accuracy and relevance of data captured
• Utilizes tools and documented processes to ensure consistency and optimization of information security processes; work in support of efforts to measure and improve information security processes
• Prepares status reports on information security, or other matters to help develop, track, monitor and report on projects and initiatives
• Consults on controls, processes, and procedures
• Facilitates meetings to capture and document products/services or generic process changes
• Maintains internal documentation library, ensuring that process and other documentation is regularly updated to reflect the latest operational processes and requirements
• Provides root cause analysis assistance for incident management or post-implementation efforts
• Provides analytical support as needed for issue management, project assessments, and reporting
• Participates in the evaluation of products and/or procedures to improve productivity and effectiveness
• Supports the analysis of underlying trends and action plans associated with information security and other domains
• Maintains records to allow for historical trending analysis
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Scope of Impact/Influence:
• Accountable for ensuring security standard methodologies, policies, and procedures are implemented and adhered to
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field preferred (or equivalent work experience) but not a must
• Up to 6 years of information security experience (Preferred)
• Experience with gathering functional requirements, deployment of information security tools, and data analysis
• In-depth experience with desktop software and office automation tools
• Analyzes complex information and identifies the most meaningful details
• Shows personal determination and resilience; is optimistic in changing circumstances
• Continually seeks and learns from feedback
• Is clear when explaining ideas and concepts to others - communication is structured, compelling, and impactful, and builds a credible impression
• Involves the right people to ensure the best decisions are made in a timely manner
• Challenges the status quo and questions current approaches where appropriate
• Continually looks for contingency options and dedicatedly adapts plans and priorities
• Takes the initiative to craft transparency when changing circumstances cause ambiguity
• Translates and interprets AXP business strategies to clarify direction for self and/or team and to gauge impact on current plans
• Strong work prioritization, planning, and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge or awareness in information security, compliance, assurance, and/or other security standard methodologies and principles.
• Real passion for learning
Technology Core Competencies:
• Adaptive Communication
• Agile Practices
• Industry and Company Knowledge
• Organizational Change Management
• Technical Acumen
• Technology Industry Trends
• Collaboration & Teamwork
• Continuous Improvement
• Servant Leadership
Role Core Competencies:
• Emerging Technologies
• System/Platform Domain Knowledge
• Business Risk Management
• Information Security
• Analytical Thinking
• Relationship Management
• Business Case Development
• Regulatory Compliance
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 26, 2019, 10:32:45 AM