There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Product Owner role within Digital Workplace is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to help shape digital experiences for employees world-wide. We seek a thought-leader and a problem-solver who can blend business, technical, and industry best practices to develop the most effective technology led solutions to improve our employee's digital experiences.
The Product Owner will:
- Work with customers, key partners, and colleagues to define a product vision, strategy, and roadmap with clearly defined business metrics and targets
- Influence a variety of cross-functional stakeholders within the product scope and collaborate across partner teams to understand requirements and integrate into their roadmaps/releases
- Translate product roadmap into well-defined product requirements/user stories and acceptance test criteria
- Prioritize and maintain the backlog consistent with Outcomes and Product Roadmap and performs story elaboration with the implementation team
- Identify risks, challenges, opportunities and business integration needs tied to the product backlog
- Collaborate with Engineering, Operations, and product teams on a day to day basis to define and implement roadmaps
- Collaborate with the technology vendors, cloud partners to build innovative solutions to secure workloads in private and public cloud environments
- Reviews and accepts completed user stories
- Produce return on investment analyses and optimization recommendations
- Create product related awareness and marketing materials, and evangelize the products and product strategy
- Understand and apply new trends and market standard methodologies
- Support development of appropriate tracking and reporting to track product performance post launch in order to evaluate future investment
- Works closely with analytics and use internal data tools to measure success and impact to critical metrics
Are you ready to be at the center of it all?
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; advanced degree preferred
- 4+ years of experience in Product Management with proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering a product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Experience with rapid and iterative software development methodologies
- · Proven track record managing large, complex features or products with multiple partners
- Ability to blend big picture thinking with fine details and manage many stakeholders
- Demonstrated interest in digital space and ability to collaborate with technology partners
- Independent thinker who’s organized, has great attention to detail, and can multi-task
- Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills
- Proficient in analytical and presentation tools, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational Change Management
At the core of Product Management
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Emerging Technologies
- Business Analysis
- Adaptive Communication
- Strategy Formulation
- Business Case Development
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 26, 2019, 9:30:34 AM