Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a differences
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it
Your primary focus will be on developing platform based application features and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux). You will ensure that these features and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important. You should have previous experience building web interfaces and a solid understanding of design language systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building reusable cross platform components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Solid understanding on modular design and single responsibility principle
- Thorough understanding of React.js, its core principles, and workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Knowledge of HTTP2 and websockets
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Understanding differing security models, with knowledge of AuthN and AuthZ principles
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs and GraphQL
- Solid understanding of JSON Schemas and OPEN API
- xperience with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, yarn, etc.
- Strong understanding of Accessibility and Web Standards
- Experience with both Responsive and Adaptive Web Design
- Experience with using design language systems or similar
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability to perform benchmarking and optimization
- Ability to debug performance and memory issues in complex JS applications
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 12, 2019, 4:20:09 PM