The Project Manager will create a structured and consistent approach for scoping and tracking projects related to addressing current and future regulatory concerns, make sure issues, risks, and dependencies are properly identified and escalated
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures of Project Management.
• Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently.
• Effectively frames and shapes conversations. Can deliver difficult messages well.
• Identifies key data sources and utilizes data-driven insights about important departmental metrics to improve business decisions.
• Demonstrates a strong dedication to serving customers.
• Can successfully negotiate and close a deal.
• Demonstrates prudent judgment when making important decisions by utilizing knowledge of industry best practices and current trends.
• Works with diverse stakeholders and builds strong, collaborative relations.
• Have oversight of projects and their major interdependencies.
• Provide advice and guidance to Work streams and to leadership on program management requirements.
• Provide advice and guidance to Work streams and to leadership on schedule, interdependencies, change, cost, risks, issues, reporting and quality.
• Play a central role in defining program management methods, standards and practices, embedding a set of processes, standards and templates which aid the delivery of projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s a plus
• English at advanced level
• Computer programs knowledge: Word, Excel (advanced level), Project , Visio
• Project Management Certification PMP or equivalent
• Customer Service
• Status Reporting
• Decision Making
• Promote Consistency
• Facilitate Issue Resolution
• The role requires experience within Project Managing procedures and market best practices in order to improve company standards.
• Typically 7 years of experience in related field
• Knowledge about banking and/or financial services
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 30, 2019, 11:42:04 AM