The Acquisition Platform Excellence team provides reusable capabilities that allow digital experience teams to build credit card and loan shopping and application experiences at scale, across all our channels, and with fast time to market.
Comprising services, APIs, and client integration SDKs, the platform enables teams across the enterprise to work smarter to create high-performing acquisition experiences that delight users by proposing the right offers and reducing application friction.
As Manager, Product Development you will work across our portfolio of customer acquisition teams in a scaled agile environment to build technical products that achieve our common business objectives.
You will bring a unique blend of business insight, technical understanding and stakeholder management skills to maximize your products’ impact with finite resources. You’ll assess requirements critically and find creative ways to capitalize on product opportunities with an enterprise-driven backlog.
You’ll work among high-performing design, product and engineering teams. We are looking for someone who is technically inquisitive, enjoys creative problem solving and the ability to contribute to, and articulate, the strategic direction for the product.
- Own the objectives and key results for your products and identify and close gaps in your products’ performance analytics.
- Develop excellent working relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders from our marketing, business, technology and analytics counterparts, enabling them to understand how they can use your products to build smarter experiences
- Participate actively in solutioning business problems, mastering a complex enterprise technical landscape, to help the team select the optimal approach to problems involving many systems and technologies
- Drive the roadmap, synthesizing portfolio-level priorities and dependencies, initiatives that deliver on your products’ key results, innovation and exploration of new technology, and servicing technical debt
- Write features, acceptance criteria and business flows, prioritize the Engineering team’s sprint backlog, and participate fully in all team-level and train-level ceremonies to promote agility in your product team
- Own the quality of the developer experience for your products, including working with compliance, counsel and other interested parties to publish documentation to external partners
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager
- Strong understanding of microservices, APIs and SDKs, SOAP, REST and GraphQL
- Understanding of the API product lifecycle; the components of good developer experience
- Familiarity delivering technical products against a backdrop of complex enterprise system architectures
- Excellent communication, diplomacy and collaboration skills to build trust and confidence with stakeholders
- Technical fluency to clearly describe tradeoffs with users and engineers and weigh solutions
- Proven experience leading agile teams. Experience in Scaled Agile Framework, a plus.
- Knowledge of financial services industry and associated products, a plus
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2019, 1:18:24 PM