This role will be part of the Global Services Group (GSG) Finance organization, partnering closely with the GSG business in achieving strategic objectives. GSG employs around 36,000 colleagues in 22 markets, delivering extraordinary customer care to cardmembers and merchants around the world, while providing world-class credit, collections and fraud services, and driving revenue growth for the company. It also houses the shared services organization that brings together key functions to support American Express internally
The successful candidate will be part of a team supporting the GSG business in decision making around collections strategy and credit analytics. Primary responsibilities of this role will include data analytics around financial and operational metrics that will help shape business strategy, along with monthly results and planning support. The role will have significant interaction across the Finance community (Risk Finance/DSCOE/LOB LFO’s) and will be required to form strong relationships with GSG business partners.
This role will be based in New York.
Key responsibilities include - but are not limited to:
- Work with the Collections Strategy group in GSG to optimize Outside Agency (OA) fees – focused on optimizing overall fee rate and further educating placement strategy by incorporating detailed cost information.
- Identify linkages between credit servicing metrics and operating expense incurred. Make connections between decisions made by GSG business partners and P&L impacts. Perform sensitivities around changes to various operational metrics and the impacts to operating expenses (e.g., in an economic downturn, how would credit metrics change and what would be the impact on our expense base).
- Understand on a monthly basis what collection and credit related costs are incurred and how they are allocated. Form linkages with what is in our GSG Demand Based invoice to avoid allocation errors.
- Provide value-added decision support to business partners with a proactive approach to assessing financial and operational trends and/or project-related financials.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills; proven ability to structure analyses
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to break down complex data and ideas into understandable and actionable messages
- Comfort with a fast paced and sometimes ambiguous environment; composure under pressure
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence others, both in and out of Finance
- Experience with SQL/IDN/Cornerstone preferred
- Bachelor degree required, MBA a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019, 2:48:58 AM