Global Merchant Services Marketing, part of the GM&NS organization, is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
It is also critical for GMS Marketing to collaborate effectively with Card Issuing teams and other sister organizations across the Blue Box including Client Management, Marketing Operations, Information Management, Enterprise Digital, Global Advertising and Brand Management and World Service in order to fully harness the power of the closed loop via mediums including Custom Consulting, Offers, Recommendations, Multi-Merchant Campaigns, Digital Experiences and Brand Awareness.
This exciting opportunity is on the Custom Consulting team within the US GMS Marketing organization. GMS Marketing drives tremendous value to the broader Merchant Services organization by effectively engaging the merchant base and delivering impactful marketing and insights solutions. By focusing on the customer needs first, our team owns and delivers solutions that not only impact the bottom line for GMS, but they also help increase the NPS reviews from our merchant customers. In a typical engagement you will partner with senior level executives and functional leaders on critical issues including attracting and retaining customers, understanding market trends, evaluating competitive positioning and market share changes, and understanding marketing effectiveness. Our unique core assets are our digital, social, and traditional marketing channels (e.g., the Amex Offers platform), as well as our industry-leading global database of transactions, demographic and firmographic information (100+ million cards, 5+ billion transactions annually).
This Manager/Senior Manager position will be a merchant-facing subject matter expert responsible for end-to-end project ownership for marketing and business insights consultation with prioritized Global and National merchants in the Airline and Car Rental space, covering large global merchants such as Enterprise Holdings Inc., in addition to airline merchants such as JetBlue and Emirates Airlines.
Role responsibilities include driving the consultative sales process, drafting proposals, managing analytic and marketing engagements (traditional, digital, social, etc.), and presenting findings to merchant partners. Also, a strong candidate should be able to construct customized card member segmentation, recommend marketing channels and offer constructs, and compile campaign results presentations. The Manager/Senior Manager is responsible for end-to-end campaign implementation and will manage resources such as the marketing execution team, creative agencies and data management team to deliver marketing and insights solutions. The Manager/Senior Manager will also coordinate activities with several internal business partners including Client Management, Membership Rewards, Enterprise Digital, Consumer Marketing, and Center of Excellence organizations. Successful candidates will be self-driven, positive, naturally curious, detail oriented, strategic thinkers who are highly collaborative and effective at communicating and influencing internal and external customers. Candidates should have a successful track record in driving multiple projects simultaneously from inception to conclusion. There is a focus on flawless execution, and strong communication and relationship skills are required for both internal and external stakeholders.
• Merchant consulting to identify needs, business requirements and priorities
· Reporting project impact and synthesizing key learning points
· Secondary responsibilities include instituting and improving internal processes (e.g., merchant contracts, offer governance reviews), assisting in evolving our product set and innovating new ways to enhance the value provided to our merchant partners
• Strong problem solving, project management, analytical and presentation skills
• Ability to diagnose merchant needs and match with American Express marketing assets
• Demonstrated success building relationships with internal / external customers
• Ability to write concise and effective documents, translate complex, technical information to a non-technical audience and confidently present to senior management both inside and outside the company
• Strong personal presence with the ability to probe/diagnose merchant needs and propose real-time customized solutions
• Strong quantitative skills that enable the analysis of large amounts of data and generation of actionable recommendations with measurable value
• Ability to multitask and prioritize between business development and project execution tasks
• Relationship management and/or American Express marketing experience is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 3, 2019, 11:57:59 PM