American Express is a worldwide company mostly know for Issuing and Acquiring Cards and other services such as Payment Solutions, Network and Merchant Acquisitions. Within the past few years the company has engaged in expanding its coverage via less traditional channels, such as Opt Blue. This program was launched around 5 years in the US portfolio of new merchants is very robust.
Puerto Rico & Caribbean is one third of the Latin
American Caribbean Region. We report
directly to our VP and GM in Mexico City and to our Market Head in Sunrise
Offices. Our territory is geographically
very extensive, and we need to navigate with at least 4 different languages,
currencies, religions and rule of law.
This position will be required to work in office 4 days a week, except
when not travelling. Proven track record
as an individual contributor for critical B2C signings and monitor these
merchants have adequate signage material for activation. Coordinate, manage, monitor train and develop
external sales agents as well as bank partners to increase Amex penetration in
- Conduct negotiations with all levels within bank partnership.
- Ensure all new acquisitions via proprietary channel is managed via Merchant Force and complete sales cycle.
- Ensure Post-Affiliation process is correctly set up. Maintain an accurate log on new affiliations and communicate any new trends or key news which may impact Amex business in the region.
- Implement new acquisition business models and work closely with acquisition manager for execution.
- Monitor performance against forecast, budget and quality targets of all sales channels
- Create Business Development Strategies to grow Merchant Acceptance
- 5 years direct and indirect sales channels.
- Experience with difficult negotiations at senior and tactical levels.
- Knowledge with Project Management and analytical thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven record in training development and creating value proposition capabilities.
- Previous teamwork experience.
- Fluency in English mandatory.
- Demonstrate proficiency and fluency with Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to analyze and collect data and convert this information into a business solution and action plan.
- Extremely detailed oriented due to Compliance requirements for bank partner(s).
- Travel required 50%+.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Sales Force experience desired.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019, 7:11:15 AM