Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the global leader in providing payments solutions for Small, Medium and Large businesses. The mission of the GCS Product Management team within GCS is to deliver payments solutions, both card and non-card, that make us the best choice for our customers.
The Central Travel and Virtual Payments team within GCS Product Management owns a suite of digital products and capabilities that provide our corporate clients with enhanced security and control, and streamlined reconciliation for their B2B and T&E payments. Central business travel payments are a crucial part of this suite of products and core to GCS’ value proposition as they allow corporate clients to provide their employees, contractors and visitors a seamless travel and expensing experience. The GCS Travel Partnership team explores new partnerships and builds on existing partnerships in travel to establish our next levers of growth.
As part of our team, the Senior Manager, Travel Distribution Partnerships will build and drive a global strategy for Travel Management Company (TMC) partnerships to create a seamless travel payment experience for American Express’ corporate clients and develop American Express’ business. This is a great opportunity to become a member of a high-performing global team.
- Create and drive a global strategy for TMC partnerships to grow centrally billed corporate business, increase data quality and improve client experience
- Provide strategic guidance for a team of partner managers to develop American Express’ business and ongoing relationships with American Express’ key TMC partners
- Identify and unlock opportunities to grow American Express’ business with TMC partners through sales leads and virtual payment expansion
- Develop and implement global TMC data integration standards with a link into American Express’ central payment platform
- Set global standards for TMC communication, partner training and TMC-related go-to-market concepts
- Foster executive relationships between partners’ and American Express’ senior management
- Ensure partnerships are managed in line with regulatory and compliance requirements
- Conduct global contract negotiations, including financial constructs and SLAs
- Collaborate with account management teams and leadership to understand client needs and how partners are impacting the client experience
- Collaborate with product management and product development teams to ensure seamless integration of payment features and data streams
- Identify opportunities and provide input on American Express product vision, strategy, roadmap, and features. Keep a pulse on digital trends and customer preferences in the travel end expense management industry.
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience
- Passion for the business travel industry with a deep understanding of the travel distribution ecosystem, esp. Travel Management Companies, Global Distribution Systems, Online Booking Platforms and emerging technologies
- Understanding of evolving compliance and regulatory requirements
- Curiosity to understand the fintech space and educate the team on travel trends
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer needs and translate those needs into prioritized features for execution
- Results-oriented with proven track record of successfully leading projects in an environment which requires a high degree of stakeholder coordination and alignment
- Strong strategic thinker with track record of developing and implementing innovative strategies and driving business outcomes, comfortable with white space
- Drives innovation and change by challenging the status quo and risk-taking with informed judgment
- Experience working with external partners and negotiating deals; business development experience is a differentiator
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to engage and inspire others
- Excellent relationship builder who can work across a large matrixed organization and a number of external partners to build strong and effective business relationships
- Thrives in an ambiguous and fast-changing environment
- MBA or advanced degree in related field is a plus
The team member will be based at our New York City office. For exceptional candidates, home office will be considered an option.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 3, 2019, 4:06:57 AM