This position is part the Global Risk Banking & Compliance organization and reports to the VP of Information Security & Information Technology Oversight. In this position, you will drive our strategic vision for metrics and measures, automation and innovation, while acting as the liaison between the operational pillars of IS & IT Oversight, Global Operational Risk & Oversight and across the enterprise. The successful candidate will be goal and delivery-oriented and will drive the team’s strategic vision across multiple programs. The successful candidate will understand and have experience with technology program management and be able to generate significant thought leadership around how we measure and monitor technology for risk.
- Collaborate with enterprise stakeholders to streamline and integrate metrics strategy to continuously monitor and oversee information security and technology risks.
- Work with banking teams, including international banking markets to develop and standardize measures and reporting for regulators and bank boards.
- Manage the day-to-day efforts around regulatory interactions, committee presentations and schedules.
- Coordinate with enterprise reporting teams to establish escalation thresholds for key information security and information technology metrics and escalate issues and emerging risks in accordance with risk appetite program.
- Translates product roadmap into well-defined product requirements/features and acceptance test criteria
- Creates and manages a Product Backlog for products
- Communicate and build consensus across disciplines in crafting the product roadmap
- Prepare, present and maintain progress and budget reports and business cases to leadership.
- Manage, maintain and submit program documentation as necessary.
- Work experience in the consulting, product development, product management, analytics or big data technologies
- Experienced with various tools such as SharePoint, Confluence and other automation workflow management tools
- Experience with Tableau, Machine Learning, Python, SQL and other analytical tools
- Background in product, capability, stakeholder and technical project management, Agile
- Superior problem-solving, strong analytical skill, strong learning agility and willingness to embrace new challenges.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage projects including forecasting, budgeting and developing business cases.
- Attention to detail with strong strategic view.
- Minimum five years of experience in technical program management methodology and techniques, project management, administration or related field.
- Thought leadership and ability to influence business partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent relationship building skills
- Deep knowledge of AXP information systems/platforms, data and processes is preferred
- Experience in leading teams, including technical teams, is preferred.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2019, 9:32:37 AM