This Analyst/Senior Analyst will be primarily responsible for forecasting and tracking investment performance across marketing products and channels. He/she will have the opportunity to communicate regularly with senior level executives to influence forecast and investment decisions. This role provides a great opportunity to gain exposure to Marketing strategies and initiatives, and the drivers of results/growth. This Analyst/Senior Analyst will provide consultative support and key performance insights to the leadership team through strategic analytics to highlight trends, risks and opportunities. The individual will be expected to recommend insightful, actionable and sustainable business solutions to drive investment efficiency through data driven insights and strategic initiatives.
- End-to-end ownership of forecast development every month and at key financial milestones (this includes responsibility for data and assumption quality, accurate execution, leadership alignment)
- Track investment performance via various reporting tools/dashboards + custom analytics
- Closely monitor KPI performance and assess what is working / not working
- Understand performance drivers and refresh monthly outlooks to support strategic funding decisions
- Coordination of marketing funding requests
- Close partnership with Finance to assess and communicate funding decisions
- Develop specialized dashboards + impactful presentations to be used at VP/executive leader level
- Partner closely with Marketing, Finance, Reporting and Analytics Teams, on ongoing tasks and strategic initiatives
- Analyze performance across products and channels to draw insights and highlight trends
- Provide thought leadership to improve processes across the organization
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Superior analytical skills – ability to analyze/understand large data sets, synthesize and draw out relevant insights
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy – strong sense of responsibility and accountability
- Self-starter with an ability to navigate the organization and processes independently
- Solid project management skills – demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests and prioritize accordingly
- Excellent relationship building skills – enjoys working as part of a larger team and fostering relationships
- Team player with an ability to support projects outside of immediate scope
- Strong communication and presentation skills – equally capable of interacting with peers and senior leaders
- Very strong aptitude with Excel – formulas, pivot tables, macros
- Analytic or data management programming experience a plus (SAS, Python, R)
- Ability to excel in moments of peak demand when skillful prioritization or delegation / escalation is required
- Energetic, flexible and positive approach to tackling challenges
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019, 7:27:23 AM