- Partner closely with Client Management and Acquisition teams to provide strategic and analytical support on negotiations with JAPA merchants
- Provide thought leadership and creativity to develop problem-solving strategies, including pricing terms, value exchange levers, trade-offs, to secure key financial and non-financial terms
- Prepare a comprehensive knowledge base about the merchant’s past performance, peer set comparison, external benchmarks, expected charge volume and growth in future years
- Evaluate and develop business cases for various merchant pricing scenarios and model P&L impacts
- Identify opportunities to share best practices across deals and streamline the implementation of contract terms
- Support core central processes such as annual investment process, rate review process and pricing initiative project management
- Strong aptitude for analytics; demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models and draw value-added insights from large amounts of data
- Strategic thought leader with the ability to work through unstructured problems and develop clear action plans
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills with the ability to influence others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence. Ability to handle high pressure environment with aggressive deadlines
- Creative thinker who is willing to question traditional ways of doing things and develop new approaches to old challenges
- Strong project management skills with full ownership from analysis through to implementation
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests and prioritize accordingly
- Minimum 3 years of professional work experience
- MBA, Pricing and GMS experience preferred
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 30, 2019, 1:44:58 AM