Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live without it.
Leadership, mentoring and delivery
of Engineering teams, cultivating continual improvement in processes service
quality, and strategic planning.
Responsible for the people leadership of multiple Engineering teams, each with up to 10 engineers and are typically co-located with the teams for which they are
- Ensures their teams successfully develop, deploy, support, and monitor software across various environments.
- Delivering Software solutions that meet or exceed customer and stakeholder expectations by fostering and driving innovation and experimentation within Technology.
- Able to share technology subject matter expertise with Architects and other Engineers across multiple organizations.
- Ensure frictionless automated delivery from the teams.
- Empower teams to succeed at scale.
- Promote, empower, and practice servant leadership.
- Cultivate an environment of continuous Engineering
mentoring, feedback, and metrics.
- Recruit and cultivate top talent by driving Technical and Leadership development.
- Collaborate with a wide variety to stakeholders within Business and Technology teams to drive change required to execute Product road maps.
- Coach, guide, and promote creation of high quality, clearly documented, and compliant deliverables across Engineering teams.
- Ensure alignment of strategy, architecture,
tools/methods with Software
Engineers and Architects to execute Product roadmaps.
- Ensures automated CI/CD pipeline and a production environment that scales to meet anticipated demand.
- Manage multiple Agile Software Product development teams that realize the company’s Technology vision and strategy in a scalable, iterative environment.
- Collaborates with peers and partners to drive Software solutions that align to strategic road maps, prioritized initiatives and strategic Technology directions, and contributes to Engineering best practices across the company.
- Coach, guide and promote the creation of high quality, clearly documented, and compliant Software across Engineering teams.
- Enable integrated teams to deliver Software and Hardware solutions in support of key product initiatives.
- Collaborate within and across Business units to design solutions and prioritize, plan, and execute the development schedule.
- 6+ years of experience leading Software Engineering teams.
- Extensive hands-on experience building and managing the development of complex, large scale enterprise applications and products that require a deep understanding of application logic and dependencies.
- Proven experience attracting, hiring, retaining and leading top Engineering talent.
- Experience with Scrum, Kanban, or another Agile application development methodology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related experience required; Advanced Degree preferred.
- Anticipates what’s around the corner and pro-actively plans to mitigate those risks.
- Customer Focused – Does what is right for the customer.
- Be a change agent and willing to challenge status quo while helping to drive the necessary changes.
- Introduces new engineering techniques and solutions.
- Drive innovation in processes, software, and open source to meet the needs of the customer.
- Own accountability for all quality aspects and metrics of product portfolio, including system performance, platform availability, operational efficiency, risk management, information security, data management and cost effectiveness.
- Deep knowledge of front end, middleware and backend technologies relevant to your teams domain.
- Ability to build and leverage strong relationships with your team, business and Technology partners.
- Adaptive Communication
- Agile Practices
- Industry Knowledge
- Organizational Change Management
- Technical Acumen
- Technology Industry Trends
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Continuous Improvement
- Servant Leadership
- Emerging Technologies
- Programming/Software Development
- System Design
- Business Analysis
- Data Management
- Release and Deployment
- Systems Development Management
- User Experience Evaluation and Analysis
- Infrastructure design & management
- Proactive monitoring & software health tactics
- Analytical Thinking
- Builds High Performing Teams
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Executive Presence
- Influence and Negotiation
- Strategy Formulation
- Business Product Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Vendor Management
- Budget Management
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 11, 2019, 9:57:42 AM