GCMA is responsible for targeting, acquiring, engaging and retaining commercial customers over online and offline channels and delivering world-class analytics, insights and data products for the Global Commercial Services (GCS) and Global Merchant Services (GMS). In this role, the incumbent will be part of Commercial Data Quality & Data Products Analytics team of GCMA. He/She will apply advanced analytics, machine learning and data science techniques to develop data products or data quality products for emerging business opportunities in the company.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Agilely lead the analytics team on planning and delivering solutions
• Define, Design, Create, and Implement data science & analytical solutions on data products and data quality of commercial data across prospects & customers including US and International markets
• Collaborate with Decision Science and Capabilities to manage, guide and build analytical solutions to improve coverage & accuracy of data including activities such as identification, arbitration, modeling , implementation and execution into business outcomes
• Explore the usage and implementation of latest big data/machine learning techniques and intelligently integrating traditional structured data with unstructured data to drive profitable growth in commercial acquisition and charge volume.
• Introduce new approaches to transform complex customer behavioral data into data products that serve the entire Global Commercial organization.
• Continually broaden and strengthen knowledge of analytical methods and tools.
• Advanced degree in quantitative field related to machine learning, such as Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, or Operation Research, is required.
• Hands-on experience in machine learning algorithm development or application.
• Experience in large data processing and handling, deep understanding in data science is a plus.
• Familiar with big data platform and its applications, such as Hadoop, Pig, Hive, and Spark.
• Master at least one popular programming language (e.g., Python/R, Java, Scala, C++).
• Strong communication skills, able to explain complex algorithm and results to business partners in simple terms.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment, with a strong attention to detail.
• Exceptional strategic and analytical thinking.
• Should be comfortable with flexible shift timings.• Ability to work independently yet being a
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2019, 11:14:14 AM