Global Merchant and Network Services (GMNS) is the merchant network of American Express that acquires and maintains relationships with merchants who welcome American Express branded cards. Our goal is to be an indispensable payments partner while simultaneously delivering differentiated products and services that meet or exceed customer needs and drive revenue growth and premium economics for both merchants and American Express.
U.S. Small Merchants (USM) is making American Express “Welcomed Everywhere and Used Every Day.” The business focuses on high growth and partnerships in the U.S. Small Merchants segment. Through innovative programs like OptBlue and growing relationships with payment facilitators like Stripe, Square, USM is transforming how American Express is accepted and welcomed.
As Senior Manager of Partner Acquisition Business Development & Strategy, you will be responsible for driving business development activities that will continue to grow our merchant coverage and activation with our third-party acquiring partnerships. This is an exciting time to be in USM – you will have the opportunity to partner with leading payment platforms such as PayPal, Stripe, Toast who are shaping the future of commerce while working with colleagues across the enterprise to drive American Express welcome acceptance in the U.S. This role is for an ambitious self-starter who is comfortable working within ambiguous parameters in a dynamic organization.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive AXP welcome acceptance through key third party channels, particularly in industries with historically low perceptions of merchant acceptance
- Build expertise in emerging payment models and acquiring trends to inform AXP partner acquisition strategy evolution
- Identify and evaluate attractive new partnership opportunities with aggregators, payment facilitators and ISVs (independent software vendor)
- Develop action plan to extend AXP value added services to third party acquiring partners at scale to grow AXP revenue and stickiness with the partners
- Manage payment facilitator pipeline and design industry specific strategy to drive third party acquiring partnership enablement and grow AXP activation.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of acquiring landscapes and market dynamics
- Ability to provide structure and influence internal cross-functional teams to drive results in a matrix organization
- Proven ability to engage and influence external partners in a fast paced, multi partner environment with constant change
- Strong financial acumen, commercially minded with high level of analytical skills
- Results-driven mindset with the ability to work under pressure, navigate through ambiguity, and balance multiple priorities
- Demonstrated innovative problem solving skills and comfort challenging the status quo.
- High degree of accountability and integrity
- Prior experience in external facing Business Development or management consulting / a strategy role preferred
- MBA or similar degree preferred
- Role is NYC based
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 4, 2019, 9:05:13 PM