Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
It’s more than protecting systems and data.
Our Information Security Managers know that security is a top priority for our business and our partners and customers. Today, as cyber-attacks increase and compliance is more rigorously enforced, we look to them to stay ahead of what’s next and to protect our business and our future. So if you are dedicated to the latest technology and motivating others, secure your career here.
You won’t just see the problem coming, you’ll see the solution.
New threats to our business, our partners and customers appear on the horizon every day, so no two days are the same. But there are some things you can count on doing:
- Providing guidance on information security processes, controls, and compliance, and information security risk management to team members
- Encouraging employee contribution, such as feedback, career development planning, and goal setting.
- Developing plans and strategies for information security tools, processes, and programs
- Responding to changes in the regulatory environment and assisting other organizations in doing the same.
- Making strategic recommendations to enhance information security, including processes, procedures, governance approaches, and compliance.
Do you have what it takes to lead the way in cyber security?
- Information Security experience
- Experience in protecting data and the associated ecosystems
- Knowledge in technology security, networking, databases, systems and/or web
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on time and on budget
At the core of Information Security Management.
- Assisting with encryption, tokenization, and other data protection implementations.
- Consulting with application teams to assign data protection control prescriptions.
- Managing data protection security policies and standards.
- Documenting and maintaining processes, procedures, and technical diagrams.
- Collaborating with internal architecture teams to define designs and strategies.
- Maintaining inventory with other team members to ensure high data quality.
- Facilitating reports for team initiatives and leadership communication.
- Participating in all key activities related to data encryption.
- Providing backup or support for other processes on the team as required.
Information Security experience:
- Minimum of 5 years Information Technology experience.
- Previous Information Security or related role.
- Strong analytics skills for reporting, decision support, and inventory reconciliation.
- Knowledge of risk assessment processes.
- Understanding of data protection policies and standards.
- Proficient with graphs, charting, and spreadsheet creation for tracking and process reconciliation.
- Experience with established industry Information Security best practices.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2020, 12:19:47 AM