Position Title: Manager, Underwriting Advisor
Overview of Department: American Express is a leading global payments, network, and travel company, backed by one of the world's most recognized brands. American Express is unique in the payments industry as an issuer of cards as well as a worldwide network that processes millions of merchant transactions daily. We offer the broadest array of charge, credit, prepaid and co brand cards for consumers, small businesses, midsize companies and large corporations.
With 160 years of innovation behind us, our future could not look more promising. We're moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies to bring greater value to our business customers. Their success expands our success, so we put heart and soul into helping them achieve results that exceed all expectations.
Global Commercial Services is a core operating group of American Express and has delivered robust growth over the past decade. GCS partners with corporate and small business clients to help them manage cash flow and increase profitability through a variety of automated expense management tools. The Underwriting Advisory Team (UWA) drives revenue in GCS through personalized client and sales engagement to identify the right set of credit treatments to maximize profitable growth.
· Structure deals to help win new business by finding the optimal combination of credit treatments, spending needs, and required documentation
· Own Underwriting requests end-to-end where client situation is complex (i.e. parent/sub structure, legal entity issue, complex terms and conditions)
· Review counter-offers and loan declines to provide options to clients and Sales & Account Development Teams
· Lead discussions with clients in face to face and via phone to support sales conversations from a financial / credit perspective - including decisioning communication
· Manage internal relationships between Sales and Underwriting, Risk, Credit, and Banking partners
· Identify areas of opportunity to earn new business and improve the underwriting experience
· College degree required with preference in Finance or Accounting
· Min 2 years relevant sales or client management experience
· Min 2 years relevant full-time experience in credit or underwriting
· Some travel
- Experience in commercial underwriting for small, midsize companies and large companies
- Ability to directly interface with customers to outline options and requirements for loan fulfillment
- Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels
- Strong customer orientation while ensuring sound credit decision making
- Self-motivator who takes initiative, learns, and follows through
- Excellent strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrated strengths in organization and attention to detail
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019, 5:32:21 PM