American Express is a leading global payments, network, and travel company, backed by one of the world's most recognized brands. American Express is unique in the payments industry as an issuer of cards as well as a worldwide network that processes millions of merchant transactions daily. We offer the broadest array of charge, credit, prepaid and co brand cards for consumers, small businesses, midsize companies, large corporations and many of the biggest companies in the world. Global Commercial Services (GCS) is a core operating group of American Express and has delivered robust growth over the past decade. GCS partners with corporate clients to help them manage travel expenses and make purchases through proprietary payment solutions and expense management tools.
The GCS US Large Market Client Group manages strategic corporate payment relationships with clients, including many multi-national organizations and acquires new corporate payments customers with annual sales of $250M+. This Manager will be responsible for acquiring new-to-franchise clients and supporting the expansion of existing clients within in the Energy industry (Oil and Gas – upstream and midstream) and Construction industry for corporate payment spend.
· Drive New Sales from prospective clients with annual revenue of +$250M in primary and secondary markets
- Partner with Client Managers to support expansion opportunities for existing GCS Large Market energy clients
- Lead strategic selling in alignment with compliance and internal partner business requirements.
- Develop and execute a growth strategy, adapting plans and priorities to address resource/operational requirements.
- Achieve New Sales Charge Volume Targets
- Execute a transactional sales cycle
· Sell core and supplier payments American Express solutions
· Serve as payments expert for all corporate payments solutions within portfolio to deliver on the GCP value proposition
· Engage, develop and strongly influence mobilizers across multiple levels within the client’s organization to demonstrate American Express’ differentiated value and achieve profitability objectives
· Interface with various divisions of American Express to develop and implement customized and strategic account plans
· Influence and innovate to overcome complex client barriers, resolve escalated issues, and manage internal stakeholders
Seeking a minimum of 5 years prior strategic relationship management and/or sales experience. Ideal skill set includes the following:
· Influence & persuasion
o Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance from clients for a plan or product
o Utilizes innovativeness to overcome complex internal and external client barriers, enabling desired outcomes
· Strategic thinking
o Seeks to understand clients' opinions, positions, and emotions to solve problems and negotiate mutually-beneficial outcomes
o Proactively focuses on results, outcomes, and achievements, anticipating and overcoming obstacles as they arise
· Client enablement
o Uses strong client relationships to establish a positive rapport and together brainstorm new ways to meet client objectives
o Teaches clients to resolve non-strategic issues independently using available resources, including self-service tools
· Financial acumen
o Understands clients' operational and financial factors and uses this knowledge to drive Expansions/ incremental CV growth
o Collects, analyzes, and evaluates client and internal metrics, data, and benchmarks to determine actions and solutions
· Consultative approach
o Uses appropriate questions to help clients clarify their needs and gain understanding of how to best deliver value
o Proactively provides expertise on policies, benchmarking, and recommendations to reduce costs and drive efficiencies
o Combines a depth of payment expertise with a consultative approach to build clients’ trust and fuel their success
o Responds to appropriate client issues rapidly and effectively and ensure delivery of prompt and expert service to clients
· Advanced analytical skills to bring concepts to life through data
· Proven track record in Fintech and/or B2B sales negotiations, leadership and closing skills with Fortune 1000 companies.
· Hunter mentality
- Experience managing growth portfolios consisting of clients with $250M+ annual sales revenue
- Experience providing account servicing and management
- Prior knowledge in the strategic sales process of growing an existing client base
- Sell with integrity, in alignment with compliance and internal partner business requirements
- Prior experience in and knowledge of the Energy and/or Construction industry a plus
- Experience with CRM tools preferred
- Ability to travel as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Virtual Office Experience preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019, 11:27:34 PM