This role will be part of a regional ER Center of Excellence and will be responsible for primarily handling ER issues and concerns via a phone-based model. This position will support multiple sites and businesses throughout the U.S. with a specific focus in their geographic region.
The Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining a positive, value added, consultative relationship with business leaders and HR BP's across the American Express Blue Box, and to identify and resolve employee issues within these groups. This individual is responsible for coaching and advising leaders and employees on all performance management issues including absenteeism, performance, conduct and harassment, and ensuring compliance with policies, practices and applicable employment legislation. They will provide consultation and resolution guidance to promote a positive work place culture.
The Employee Relations Specialist must manage a broad range of tasks including the interpretation and development of policies and procedures, facilitating training on key Employee Relations issues, and contributing to the development and implementation of Employee Relations programs based on line of business goals and HR strategy. In some instances, this individual will conduct complaint investigations and facilitate resolutions, while identifying process improvement opportunities and policy gaps through trend analysis. This position is also responsible for providing consultation and guidance to leaders during large scale reorganizations and Reductions in Force.
The Employee Relations Specialist is required to effectively partner and consult with business partners throughout American Express to include, HR BP community, Compliance, Safety, Security, Health Services, and General Counsel's Office.
- Minimum 3-5 years Human Resources experience with a strong understanding of employee relations and employment law.
- Experience in an HR consulting role with a demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
- Bachelor’s degree and PHR certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, manage multiple responsibilities and deliver against deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience dealing with different levels in an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in presenting, and contributing to the development of employee communications and training programs.
- Sound analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and negotiating skills, with the ability to understand broad HR issues and to resolve conflict situations.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to conduct investigations and drive to positive resolution.
- Location: 18850 N. 56th Street Phoenix, Arizona 85054
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019, 10:56:26 PM