This is a band 35 position with a preferred location in Phoenix, AZ, but open to highly qualified candidates in New York, NY or Salt Lake City, UT.
This person should be well versed in privacy and data protection within the financial services or similar industry. Having a working knowledge and understanding of the various AXP enterprise risk management programs like NPA, PRSA, TLM and others is a plus. S/he should also understand technology and capabilities development, including a design-thinking and agile approach to help manage privacy technology like the Archer Privacy applications.
The successful candidates should also be able to offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, agility to quickly adapt to changing priorities, and be able to effectively work and communicate collaboratively / cross-functionally with multiple teams located in different geographies. Candidate must have a hands-on approach to data analysis, data integrity, strong intellectual curiosity and attention to detail and organized, as well as having a passion for driving results.
- Design privacy program processes/systems to assist privacy subject matter experts to efficiently resolve privacy inquiries, assess privacy risks and controls, and oversee aspects of the privacy program.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to lead and/or uplift the AXP privacy program, promoting healthy data protection practices and positive privacy experiences for customers.
- Manage and evolve the Global Privacy Portal and Privacy Center capabilities, which requires an understanding of SaFE (scaled agile frameworks) technology development.
- Transition complex, manual and sometimes complicated processes, concepts and systems in a straightforward, understandable, and automated processes.
- Global Privacy Program management, including policy and committee governance, stewarding the management of privacy policies, standards and other guidance documents.
- Developing risk management and oversight programs and activities, including risk libraries, privacy impact assessments or risk assessment questionnaire (NPA, PRSA, TLM), and other risk programs.
- Develop and manage privacy training and communication, and other awareness activities.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable privacy requirements and accreditation standards, and monitor advancements in technologies.
- 2+ years of experience in privacy/data protection fields or 3+ years within compliance, information security, banking oversight, and/or other risk management disciplines preferred.
- Strong process engineering experience, with ability to operationalize complex activities into BAU processed.
- Understanding of Blue Box technology and capability development processes including, SaFE/Agile, Rally, User Stories, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to influence across all levels.
- Proven track record of driving results and building effective relationships with all levels of management.
- Possess sound judgment, flexibility and nimbleness in changing courses and solving problems swiftly.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, including pivots, macros and senior leadership level presentation quality.
- Ability to analyze issues and business use cases, document analysis, and execute plans to action
- Experience working through data quality issues
- Relevant degrees or certifications preferred (e.g. B.A./B.S. or IAPP CIPP certification)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 28, 2019, 2:23:35 PM