Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The IT Service Management (ITSM) team is transforming into an organization that provides data driven intelligence backed by frictionless service management. The Associate ITSM Product Manager (Configuration Management) will play a critical role across the team to deliver on the vision and roadmap for the ITSM organization.
- Assist Configuration Product Manager to maintain accuracy and control over Configuration Items (CI)
- Promote integration and automation of data sources into the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Contribute to process objectives and metrics to measure success for the Configuration Management process
- Partner with Product Managers to introduce industry best practices and possess a holistic understanding of ITIL practices (Incident, Problem, Event, Asset, Configuration, Change, Release, Knowledge)
- Provide frequent and transparent communications with stakeholders and customers
- Contribute to setting the direction for the ongoing maturation of ServiceNow to ensure maximum effectiveness
- Understand audit and compliance requirements; design/improve ITSM practices around American Express controls
- 2-5 years of experience working with CMDB and Configuration Management
- Cloud specific Configuration discovery is desired
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies is desired
- Work experience with the ServiceNow platform is preferred
- Experience in architecture, software or system engineering is preferred
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships through various communication channels
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Proactive mindset that anticipates roadblocks or opportunities and manages issue escalations
- Able to articulate complex ideas,
problems and designs to varied audience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field Computer Science, Business Administration, etc.
- Background or certification in Service Management frameworks (ITIL, COBIT), desired
- Agile certification, desired
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 1, 2019, 2:28:41 PM