Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express is entering into a technology transformation phase driven by opportunities to modernize legacy platforms, and explore modern software to be on the leading edge of the payments industry. American Express is looking for strong leaders to be part of high performing teams that will build and support our next generation platforms. If you have the talent and passion to drive innovation and deliver at a rapid pace, with deep hands on experience in areas of real-time, highly available, cloud-native application development, join our engineering teams to transform our systems.
Your primary responsibility is to lead the development of our next generation distributed platform, aligning resources and delivery with business growth and diversification, while significantly improving service quality and cost-effectiveness. We expect the individual to be innovative and energetic with strong communications skills.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
Engineers that join our Technologies team can be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are developing new virtual Internet-based payment solutions, customer service portals, online merchant services support and integration, credit management tools, and suites of web-based applications for cardmember targeted offers that will span over 20 international markets.
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world-class cardmember experiences across multiple channels, including native iOS, Android, web, social integration, Java services, and APIs. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
American Express Technology is looking for a Sr Engineer to join a dynamic and innovative DevOps team. Our team builds multi-functional, rich global credit authorizations solutions, critical to the core of American Express’ business. The team uses the Agile methodology for project delivery and operates in a fast-paced business environment. From integrating with American Express Network partners, such as international banks, to developing highly available solutions and serving internal and external customers there will always be new and unpredictable challenges in this environment.
A successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplined, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class Authorizations capabilities. This role requires hands-on knowledge of Oracle 11g, Oracle 12c, RAC installation and support running in a Red Hat Linux 6.x / 7.x environment. Supporting a global business, you will be required to understand and deliver against a diverse set of business needs as well as providing your own feedback and inputs.
This position is a senior level Engineer and member of a product engineering or delivery and integration team reporting to an Engineering Director, Manager of Service Delivery or Director of Service Delivery.
• Contributes to designing, developing, debugging, evaluating, modifying, deploying and documenting all data components (data architecture, logical and physical data models, database objects and database administration) that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications.
• Serving as a core member of an engineering team that designs, develops and supports software applications.
• Working with developers and delivery engineers to manage highly available solutions in a 7X24 global team.
• Ensuring security and efficiency of a flexible RAC environment.
• Analyzes data requirements / data stories and corresponding data sources and data architecture.
• Documents data requirements / data stories and maintains data models to ensure seamless integration into existing data architectures.
• Manages data assets as per the enterprise standards, guidelines and policies.
• Reviews and understands the processing requirements inclusive of data and transaction volumes, scalability, security and performance requirements.
• Builds and enhances database design and infrastructure required to support the Business portfolio.
• Assists in performing database design review and supports database testing.
• Provides production environment support for database systems and processes.
• Communicates and works collaboratively with business and product teams to support changes and implementation.
• Write instructions to guide database operators during production runs.
• Work on assigned database features for ongoing sprints and manage database requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
• Function as an active member if an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, components, and documentation).
• Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
Please note, salary increases in case of a lateral move are provided only on an exception basis and in line with compensation guidelines.
• Proven qualifications in RHEL 6.x or 7.x.
• RHEL Satellite Server.
• MS Windows Server.
• Experience in a high pressure fast paced work environment supporting 7X24 critical systems.
• Experience supporting JBOSS environments.
• Experience with VMWare and managing ESX clusters.
• A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software.
Expertise with Dynatrace.
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners.
• Experience with Oracle, Garbage Collector, LISA, Maven and Jenkins.
• Experience with a broad range of software languages and payments technologies is a plus.
• Minimum of 4 years in a key support role with evidence of expanding responsibilities.
• Evidence of continued engineering and development growth.
• Both mainframe and midrange support experience is a must.
• TPF, MVS and DB2 experience is an asset.
• BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing.
• Experience with Card authorization, merchant technologies and digital capabilities a plus.
• Experience in multiple IT disciplines.
• Agile development experience.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 3, 2019, 9:23:38 AM