Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express is entering into a technology transformation phase driven by opportunities to modernize legacy platforms, and explore modern software to be on the leading edge of the payments industry. American Express is looking for strong leaders to be part of high performing teams that will build and support our next generation platforms. If you have the talent and passion to drive innovation and deliver at a rapid pace, with deep hands on experience in areas of real-time, highly available, cloud-native application development, join our engineering teams to transform our systems.
Your primary responsibility is to lead the development of our next generation distributed platform, aligning resources and delivery with business growth and diversification, while significantly improving service quality and cost-effectiveness. We expect the individual to be innovative and energetic with strong communications skills.
Drives processes and execution oversight for Agile Release Trains. Resolves or escalates impediments, manages risk, and promotes relentless improvement throughout the organization. Responsible for facilitating program/ release level events such as Program Increment planning, Inspect and Adapt and the Scrum of Scrums.
- Drives program/release level processes for an Agile Release Train demonstrating stellar servant leadership, coupled with domain knowledge and technical savvy
- Facilitates Program Increment planning meetings with leadership, business stakeholders, product management and delivery teams on the Agile Release Train(s).
- Support program level meetings in partnership with product management and system architect(s) to aid in the preparation, readiness and prioritization of features for future PI planning sessions.
- Ensures strategic alignment for the train across organizations and teams
- Partners with Business Owners, Product Managers and Product Owners to help assure strategy, vision and road map alignment and execution
- Ensure value is achieved by the train on behalf of end users via the program predictability measure
- Assists with economic decision making by supporting Program Epic and Feature estimations by program team and roll up to program/ release level visibility (overarching team roles)
- Collaborates with other RTEs to coordinate cross-train dependencies
- Live the Agile and SAFe Values & Principles
- Be uncomfortably transparent in all you do
- Be coachable yourself: be open to feedback and committed to continuous personal improvement
- Demonstrate being a lifelong learner
- Challenge the status quo gracefully
- Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks, and opportunities across Agile teams
- Escalates impediments, manages risks, dependencies and resourcing needs
- Aggregates and drives team Program Increment objectives into Program/ Release objectives to ensure successful delivery
- Mentor and coach to Agile Release Train on Agile/Lean/SAFe Principles
- Drives program/ release level continuous improvements
- Participates in enterprise program management improvement and standardization activities
- Encourages collaboration and quality practices between system architects & Agile teams
- Oversight to ensure the timely identification and prioritization of technical infrastructure to support implementation of priority features and enablers e.g. Architectural Runway
- Promotes compliance with SDLC standards across the Agile Release Train
- Ensures data integrity for the Agile Release Train within the Agile Management tools
- Strong facilitation and communication skills
- Demonstrates proficiency in Agile/Lean/SAFe Principles and Frameworks quality and testing best practices
- Ability to drive value delivery
- Possess a high degree of technical savvy, with a keen ability to learn about new technology quickly and easily
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 3 years of Scrum Master experience
- 7+ years relevant Program/Project Management experience
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver solutions
- SPC or SA certification required; RTE certification a plus
- PMI ACP Certifications a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019, 11:55:10 PM