Make an impact on our business and the business world.
The Loyalty & Benefits Platform team is part of the Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence – combining product and engineering skillsets into a single organization to improve speed to market and increase the value of the products and services for American Express’ customers.
Our team enables many of the key product features used by our Card Members every day; such as earning & redeeming their points, accessing lounges & receiving the benefits from elite hotel guest status.
As the Director for Product Delivery & Integration in the Loyalty team, you will be responsible for leading, developing & inspiring a team that consists of:
Product owners & managers for APIs and Loyalty Communications teams, who are creating roadmaps as well as owning and refining features in close partnership with engineers
Delivery Managers, who ensures we are effectively delivering initiatives that cross multiple scrum teams in Loyalty
Our Release Train Engineer who ensures the smooth running & continuous improvement of the release train
You would be successful in the role if you are able to accomplish the following:
Translate future state vision into actionable & meaningful roadmaps for platforms and APIs. These should be based on understanding the need of our customers and consumers, while simultaneously ensuring we are effectively maintaining & supporting capabilities
Excellence in product delivery - Ensure we create & drive synchronized delivery plans across teams in Loyalty that also feed into broader initiative level plans (that include upstream/downstream teams from Loyalty)
Instill a culture of relentlessly striving for continuous improvement of our agile processes with the objective of improving our predictability and delivering value ‘better, sooner, safer, happier’
Empowering your team of experts to make decisions and learn from their mistakes, knowing that you have their back
Master the blend of the ‘art & science’ around prioritization, particularly balancing business features & health of the platform, demonstrating great courage, to ensure we are making the right decisions at an enterprise level for our customers
Be comfortable and confident managing with integrity a diverse & complex set of stakeholders across multiple areas of the organization, providing transparency into our decisions, setting expectations and delivering difficult messages
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To qualify you will need a healthy mix (but not all) of the following:
- A passion for agility & deep hands-on experience of working in an agile environment for seveal years
- Hands-on experience, over several years, of developing and executing capability roadmaps that ensure platforms stay ‘healthy’ and fit for the future
- Demonstrate creative problem solving skills & strong technical aptitude that will enable you to partner closely with Engineers on capability roadmaps & delivery of features
- Several years hands on experience of true product responsibilities, right from working as part of scrum team, refining features, prioritizing backlogs as well as creating strategic roadmaps and managing stakeholders at every level
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners, stakeholders and executives, as well as your team.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
- Health care scheme
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019, 7:41:49 PM