About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Working at American Express
Experiences That Back You
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Reasons to Believe
• An iconic global brand, where you can grow as a leader
• Meaningful and rewarding work that is performed with integrity
• A culture of learning in collaboration with great colleagues and leaders
• A unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
• Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
Key responsibilities include:
• Lead, coach and develop Portfolio Managers and Portfolio Leaders
• End to end ownership from design to implementation of strategies that will enable the Late Stage Collections Team to deliver on Enterprise goals. Primary focus will be US markets
• Improving collector / team leader quality and negotiation through constant innovation on training / reinforcements
Develop and maintain strong relationships with business leaders across the Network
• Oversee/Optimize the overall performance through in-depth analysis on effectiveness of collections, key process indicators and portfolio level effectiveness
• Provide thought leadership, drive initiatives and maximizing returns through best-in-class collection economics
• Carry an entrepreneur mind-set working with a strong sense of urgency and purpose
• Ensure appropriate operational controls are in place and maintained on an ongoing basis in full compliance with risk management and financial policies, and compliance requirements
• Quickly identify negative trends in operational indicators and implement effective corrective measures with a sense of urgency
• Effectively manage operational issues, concerns, negotiations, performance results and relationships achieving high levels of employee engagement and motivation .
• Understand drivers of customer experience, and collaborate with Risk Management, Quality and Training departments to develop and execute plans to improve Customer Satisfaction metrics
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks
• Post graduate / Masters with relevant experience is preferred
• Knowledge of early / late stage collections operations in general and U.S regulatory environment and U.S Credit Bureau in particular would be preferred
• Experience In coaching & development of diverse teams and in managing layers of leadership
• Growth mindset, good interpersonal, negotiation skills and ability to effectively influence various levels of management in Lines of Business and Staff Groups.
• Excellent Communication & Relationship Skills.
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility and resilience in the face of changing business requirement
• Result Orientation, sound thought leadership and the ability to innovate.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills alongside proven decision-making and risk management abilities
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 4, 2019, 9:50:10 AM