Manager Business Planning and Operations
Global Advertising and Brand Management (GABM) department has a mission to create marketplace demand and driving commerce for American Express through differentiated and innovative products, partnerships, marketing and customer experiences. In GABM, the Global Brand Planning & Content (GBPC) team is responsible for the creation of world class creative content, brand design, social media strategy and brand planning.
Within GBPC, the Chief of Staff, the Manager of Marketing Planning and Operations, and Executive Assistant run the office and support the Senior Vice President, Global Brand Planning & Content.
This team leads all strategic and operational initiatives, business and planning, financials, communications and day-to-day team management operations for the GBPC group.
In this newly created role, the Manager, Business Planning and Operations will report into the Chief of Staff, and will be responsible for leading operational business initiatives and supporting the broader team with department wide ownerships of GBPC marketing planning and delivery. We are looking for a dynamic contributor with consulting experience who will primarily be responsible for supporting the broader GBPC team and the SVP office.
- Work well under pressure, be a flexible, collaborative team player and balance multiple priorities with tight deadline
- Change agent & strategic problem solver: provide strategic thought leadership, with an ability to learn quickly, “connect the dots”, innovate, and drive results
- Comfortable working in “white space” and willing to take on incremental responsibilities
- Strong analytical and financial acumen and excellent excel skills
- Strong detail orientation with ability to think “end-to-end”
- Excellent project management, organizational and process/workflow skills
- Proficient in creating advanced level presentations for a broad range of audiences (consulting background is a strong plus)
- Excellent relationship management skills - proven ability to build and strengthen relationships across all levels of management
- Have a strong presence and be comfortable navigating and representing the organization in a professional and engaging manner
- Have strong integrity and be able to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 4, 2019, 4:09:03 PM