Smart Monitoring is an industry-leading and award winning Risk Intelligence platform that aims to strengthen American Expresses’ control and compliance environment and ensures safety and soundness of our businesses practices. Its patent-pending approach uniquely combines advances in data science and technology (AI, machine learning, cloud computing) to transform risk management. Smart Monitoring is revolutionizing risk and regulatory management across American Express by shifting from periodic, manual monitoring to a program that is real-time, automated and predictive. Unique risks are monitored and predicted by bots called Key Risk Indicators. This approach ensures a strong control and compliance environment and helps prevent financial losses, regulatory fines, and negative brand impact by predicting and preventing issues before they happen.
The incumbent is responsible for driving positive value for Smart Monitoring through building best-in-class machine learning algorithm that solves critical business problems. He/she should be able to frame business problems into machine learning problems, and engineer a solvable solution to deliver business insights and optimal control. We are looking for candidates who have extensive knowledge and practical experience in statistical modeling, machine learning and programming, and who possess a passion for innovation and data exploration.
- Identify opportunities to build predictive/machine learning models and lead development of forward-looking metrics
- Provide rigorous analytics solutions to support critical business functions and support machine learning solutions prototyping
- Manage the development and maintenance of analytical / statistical algorithm that is currently used to detect out-of-pattern trend
- Serve as an analytics expert with in-depth knowledge on solutions and KRI logic to support various business functions
- Communicate the technical algorithm to diverse partners
- Work with the multiple business teams and internal partners to manage deliverable executions via clearly defined milestones, and timelines
- Masters in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operation Research, etc.) preferred with hands-on experience leveraging sophisticated analytical and machine learning techniques. Strong preference for candidates with 1-2+ years of working experience driving business results
- Demonstrated ability to frame business problems into machine learning problems, leverage external thinking and tools (from academia and/or other industries) to engineer a solvable solution to deliver business insights and optimal control policy
- Creativity to go beyond the status-quo to construct and deliver the best solution to the problem, ability and comfort with working independently and making key decisions on projects
- Deep understanding of machine learning/statistical algorithms such as time series analysis and outlier detection, neural networks/deep learning, boosting and reinforcement learning. Experience with data visualization a plus
- Expertise in an analytical language (Python, R, or the equivalent), and experience with databases (Hive, SQL, or the equivalent)
- Prior experience working with Big Data tools and platforms (Hadoop, Spark, or the equivalent)
- Experience in building NLP solutions are strongly preferred
- Team player with strong relationship building, management and influencing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 3, 2019, 1:53:04 AM