Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
In this role you will be responsible for some, or all, of the following: executing against Standard Operating Procedures, event/incident management, troubleshooting on technical bridges, process implementation, detailed analytics, and Operational Improvements. Must have an analytical, metrics-driven operational mindset, be passionate about details, make data-driven decisions and represent the Team amidst high pressure situations in a professional manner.
- Identify Issues, perform data analysis and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to determine best course of action/team engagement or escalation to Service Restoration Call
- Drive Remediation of issues across American Express Technology and Business Teams
- Actively participate and assist with service restoration and proactive bridge calls
- Coordinate activities amongst multiple technical and business teams, both internal to American Express and with external partners
- Support major product launches and critical changes through monitoring and customized presentation layer
- Manage escalation of all incidents to operations or development teams
- Management of critical outage information and facilitate tech calls in a high-pressure setting
- Deliver excellence in customer service through situation analysis and timely resolution of escalated events per Stand Operation Procedures.
- Provide procedural and tools training, technical guidance, and direction to fellow technicians.
- Monitor adherence of ticket documentation according to Standard Operating and/or Incident Management Procedures.
- Communicate (written/oral) Technical issues in a clear, concise and Audience Specific way, to Leadership, Business Partners and External Customers
- Perform detailed analytics to identify trends and/or opportunities to improve the Teams ability to support our Customers if not, our ability to Service our Customers
- Up to 2 years IT working experience in the areas of Application Performance Management and/or application monitoring
- Up to 2 years in network administration, system administration, or performance engineering / testing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology required.
- Experience with application technologies (e.g. J2EE, .NET, Citrix, Microservices, Cloud, Kafka)
- Experience with database technologies (e.g. Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, Couchbase)
- Experience with tools (Splunk,ELK, any data mining tool,
- Good understanding of distributed applications
- Good understanding of web and enterprise applications
- Ability to address complex application environments to provide customers with clear guidance on implementation strategy and potential performance improvements
- Strong individual able to work independently and in a Team environment to make sound decisions with minimal supervision and direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to develop targeted presentations for leadership.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills and a passion to learn new technology
- Must have solid presentation and writing skills as well as experience with creating professional reports and deliverables
- Must be a highly motivated energetic self-starter who excels in fast-paced, dynamic, team environments and committed to getting results
- Able to learn quickly and adapt in an agile work environment
Desired Experience (Optional)
- Experience in triaging through monitoring tools
- Working on an operations team/center
- Working in an agile/dev/ops environment
- General understanding of Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) methodology
of Network Protocols
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 5, 2019, 12:45:04 PM