It takes someone exceptional to offer success.
Every member of our executive sales team is an experienced listener and a business expert. We haven’t become the world’s largest card issuer by selling more cards, but by understanding and helping small, medium and large businesses overcome the challenges they face every day. We’re partners who know that our collective success depends on yours.
As a Business Development Executive, you will be responsible for Commercial Card Sales acquisition of local and multinational businesses, focusing on a number of key strategic partnerships within Global Commercial Services (GCS).
You will be required to develop and execute strategies by developing thorough product knowledge and using your consultative selling skills to exceed KPI’s. The successful candidate will be accountable for growing the Supplier Partnership through the acquisition of new middle market corporate customers.
Principal Accountabilities include:
• Execution of the Supplier partnerships Corporate Card sales strategy within the territory prescribed
• Achieve aggressive Corporate Card growth targets in the region through a focus on winning new business to the franchise via new clients and cross-selling
• Manage the sales pipeline ensuring your pipeline is robust and will meet the targets including accurate and timely reporting of the pipeline and prospects
• Develop and execute a sales plan for increasing penetration and improving operational economics.
• Fully engage the Performance Management and Development Planning Process.
• Lead the strategy to penetrate segments within prescribed territory in middle market.
• Align strategies with regional and global sales colleagues and share best-in-class practices, to ensure consistency and quality.
• Develop linkages with the implementation team to facilitate fast efficient implementations of won business. Manage carry-over billings effectively.
• Develop sound relationships across distribution partners e.g. Travel Agents, Expense Mgt Providers, Consultants, etc
• Retaining and growing the margins in our new business wins.
• Direct sales experience in a B2B environment
• Structured methodology to acquire new business (TAS)
• Strong financial acumen (understanding of cash flow, P&L) and have the ability to have a confident discussion in relation to Corporate Payments
• Ability to collaborate and influence internally and externally (both face to face and over the phone)
• Experience in developing and executing successful sales strategies
• Ability to articulate knowledge about products, services and value proposition to prospects to C Level Executives is a must
• Valid Australian Driver’s License
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 3, 2019, 11:21:02 AM