The Global Risk Banking & Compliance Organization (“GRBC”) ensures the company operates in a safe, sound and fully compliant manner within all applicable regulatory expectations. There are 5 main areas within GRBC; 1) Compliance, 2) Global Risk Oversight, 3) Global Bank Oversight, 4) Global Regulatory Affairs, and 5) Privacy and Information Risk Management. We are passionate about our commitment to driving the company’s goals of growth and progress by creating a culture of awareness and proactivity around regulatory matters, and by partnering closely with business units across the enterprise to ensure we deliver maximum value to our shareholders and our customers efficiently and effectively.
Within GRBC, we have subject matter experts focused on risk, Compliance, affiliate and vendor management among others. Some examples include:
Risk: The Global Operational Risk & Oversight Organization is responsible for managing AXPs “Risk Universe” through continuous monitoring, reviews and testing across American Express processes. This team strengthens AXP’s risk management practices through the latest advances in data science and technology, staying apprised of changing regulatory landscape, and monitoring emerging risks across the industry. This team is responsible for overseeing Enterprise, Operational, Credit, Market, and Model Risk across the company and provides continuous updates to the AXP Chief Risk Officer.
Global Compliance provides support to each line of business across the company through Line of Business Compliance teams. The role will work on projects with compliance officers as they support the specific business partners, and evaluate solutions that will enable the business to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations for consumer products, capabilities, features and processes.
A successful Line of Business Compliance Officer will:
- Play a critical role within project steering committees, are integral members of project working teams and provide a solution driven approach while considering/mitigating risk.
- Advise and influence key components of product construct design to ensure products and features are built appropriately and in a compliant manner.
- Provide project Governance and Oversight and approve all features and output of test conditions.
- Maintain robust knowledge of critical impacted processes, platforms and corresponding risk and controls.
- Provide continual regulatory advice through every phase of projects.
Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) implements the enterprise Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions, and Anti-Corruption compliance programs. Investigative and operational professionals within GFCC’s Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) support subject matter experts in the core GFCC disciplines. GFCC’s Data Capabilities and Intelligence team members drive technology strategy while support efficiencies across the organization, and the Program Office supports regulatory exams and audits, and manages compliance due diligence relating to corporate development.
The FIU primarily investigates potentially suspicious financial activity and where appropriate, files suspicious activity reports to the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network. The FIU also manages risk associated with politically exposed persons, and persons and entities on core sanctions and risk lists through screening.
- Conduct time-sensitive investigations of potential money laundering activity
- Draft reports analyzing potentially suspicious activity
- Assist with streamlining casework
US Banks: enables growth across American Express through safe and sound banking practices, leveraging a team with robust banking experience and deep industry and business knowledge. Groups within the US Bank team include:
- Marketing and Product Management: partners with teams across the enterprise to ensure that the affiliate companies that develop and execute marketing strategy and product development for the Banks’ products and services comply with all applicable laws.
- Vendor and Operational Risk: supports strategy execution by leveraging affiliate and third party vendors, managing over 100 affiliate agreements and nearly 1,500 master service agreements, ensuring regulatory expectations are met
- Credit and Fraud Risk: facilitates growth by managing credit and fraud risk for all bank products across the customer life cycle, leveraging deep product, process and regulatory knowledge to smooth potential roadblocks.
- Community Reinvestment Act (CRA): the Banks are responsible for complying with the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA). GRBC assists the Banks compliance efforts through small business regulatory reporting, originating real estate loans and tax credit investment opportunities and managing employees’ volunteerism for community development services.
- Project Management Office: enables the Banks’ strategy goals by lending expertise and hands-on project management oversight across a range of initiatives and regulatory requirements.
Global Regulatory Affairs Team is responsible for:
- Regulatory Supervision Services: advises internal business partners in building strong relationships with U.S. regulators, drives operational excellence in the handling of all U.S. examinations and regulatory interactions, oversees and facilitates the company’s strategic responses in connection with matters requiring attention issued by regulators
- International Banking: assists with the development, roll-out, and sustainability of our international dashboard – a reporting tool that publishes key data points from our international markets to key stakeholders enterprise-wide to help inform decisions, raise vulnerabilities where applicable, and keep management informed of international banking activity including, but not limited to, international exams and regulatory relations. Coordinates best practice sharing across international markets and ensures smooth functioning by international teams focused on risk, operations, and banking.
Privacy and Information Risk Management Team is responsible for overseeing the risks related Global Privacy, Information Security, Records Management, Data Deletion and Information Technology. The team focus on driving and maintaining trust in the American Express brand through the creation of independent risk frameworks, policies and practices that ultimately protect our customers’ personal information while driving transparency and fairness in how the Company uses data
will exhibit investigative, research intensive, and/or writing skills, while
meeting the following requirements and qualifications:
- Demonstrate experience building, sustaining and leveraging relationships
- Possess a strong work ethic, organizational skills and attention to detail with excellent follow-up skills
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
- Demonstrate willingness to take initiative and act decisively
- Ability to think strategically and influence teammates on multiple, cross-functional teams
- Positive, can-do attitude embracing Growth Mindset
- Project management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize, manage, analyze, and interpret large amounts of data
- Superior Microsoft Office skills
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program with a graduation date between December 2020 and June 2021
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Don’t live life without it.
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We
appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in
contact with you by April 30th.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Tags: USUndergrad, Handshake UNV-12520
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019, 12:04:48 PM