American Express is on a mission to create new ways to connect with Card Members that are meaningful and relevant. The Enterprise Digital Member Experiences team, as part of the global enterprise Consumer organization, enables innovation, accelerates agility, and empowers Card Members through its digital products and experiences.
The Design Manager at American Express plays a critical role in ensuring American Express remains “The Most Respected Service Brand” in the world. It is the responsibility of the Design Manager to establish processes around project management, set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. He or she will be responsible for prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project that drive alignment across various initiatives and teams.
- Coordinate the design operations of 4-6 product workstreams.
- Clarify key deliverables for the current sprint and ensure we're tracking against larger product and design roadmaps. Identify at-risk projects and facilitate discussions to move projects forward.
- Be a liaison between Design and business partners to help bridge gaps between business goals and user needs, manage communication with partners, and ensure we’re maximizing what Design can successfully achieve.
- Be an active participant in the design process, applying strong pragmatic, analytical, and tactical skills to help deliver products that benefit Card Members and align with business goals.
- Act as a ringmaster, connecting the dots, anticipating, and avoiding roadblocks.
- Possess a diplomatic mindset to resolve issues (or know when to escalate) and gain consensus amongst various stakeholders.
- 4+ years of digital project management experience and/or experience with teams (4-10) of designers, researchers, engineering, agency, and vendor partners to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Strong design thinking with experience managing multiple projects and complex initiatives involving cross-functional teams within scheduling and technological constraints.
- Demonstrated understanding of prototyping practices, user research methodologies, and A/B test planning/execution.
- Demonstrated self-awareness and empathy for both user needs and business goals.
- Experience working in project management software such as Confluence and JIRA.
- Advocate for user experience and strategic design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors or Degree in Project Management, Communications, English or related field.
Categories: Digital Commerce, Design, Technology
Offer of employment with American Express is conditional upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster. If the link does not work, please copy and paste the following URL in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2019, 4:16:35 PM