- Strategic / Business Planning
- Identify priority accounts and industries for access to investment and resources (insights, marketing, funding etc.)
- Enable effective account level planning by implementing client agreed Partnership plans
- Prepare and maintain a matrix of cross functional value levers, marketing opportunities / assets and strategic drivers.
- Account Management
- Develop in-depth understanding of the client and place value on knowing all aspects of client’s business, industry & marketplace generally. Recognize the criticality of an in-depth understanding for creating solutions that result in customer satisfaction and build long-term loyalty.
- Develop & execute an American Express Partnership Plan strategy for the client that adds value to the client’s business while ensuring that American Express’ revenue and profit objectives are met.
- Identify potential opportunities and determine which ones are worth pursuing. Evaluate and prioritise opportunities.
- Build, manage and track a pipeline of opportunities through MerchantForce and dashboards to maximize sales of new or additional products and services to customers. Engage Blue Box resources as required.
- Influence client decisions.Serve as a problem solver for the client.
- Stakeholder Management
- Build relationships with key stakeholders / contributors to sales performance (finance, marketing, operations, core analytics and business insights).
- Conduct quarterly review meetings with clients. Solicit feedback on gaps and issues effecting performance and ensure all requirements for input to business activities are met.
- Attend meetings, develop relationships with all stakeholders, manage dissemination of required information and ensure escalation where appropriate.
- Drive resolution of operational issues through support teams.
- 5 years business-to-business selling and relationship management with large corporations at senior levels
- Demonstrated strength & leadership with Sales, Negotiation-Account Management and Presentation Skills
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to build and leverage relationships at all levels of an organization and to communicate with colleagues at all levels.
- Analytical skills, in particular, the ability to work with large amounts of data to extract information and draw conclusions.
- Exceptional communication skills. Demonstrated ability to deliver complex information to audiences with limited prior knowledge.
- General business knowledge and an awareness of how external factors (Political, Legal, Economic and Technological, Social) will affect client and American Express business
- Demonstrated big-picture, creative/strategic and long-term thinking abilities; shows ability to provide guidance on prioritisation and strategic solutions for linking of customer and Amex goals
- Able to foster risk taking in achieving challenging goals, re-defining standards of excellence & creating momentum for top business performance; able to facilitate team adaptation for shifting priorities
- Ability to influence without direct authority across all areas of organisation
- Drives loyalty from providing value added advice & services
- Ability to drive innovation & change within the clients organisation as well as within Amex
- Degree qualification in a business related discipline
- Experience working in finance
- Understanding of the operating structure across all divisions within American Express and particularly Global Merchant Services
- Understanding of regulatory environment, particularly RBA measures related to surcharge of credit card transactions.
- Knowledge of industries such as Telco, Utilities, Insurance, Travel, Airlines, Entertainment, Education and Government.
- Experience working in a global organization.
- Ability to articulate American Express large market value propositions and translate into specific, tangible account action plans & results for each client
- Understanding of the dynamics of GMS pricing
- Has thorough and complete understanding of competitive products and value propositions
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2019, 4:30:21 AM