About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions
About American Express Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP):
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. eCP offers fast-paced rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to pursue their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and teamwork, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to pursue a new career, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express
Don’t make a difference without it
Don’t live life without it
As a Senior Engineer in the American Express Cloud Solutions Engineering team you will:
- Drive cloud native application architecture and patterns to enable application migration to cloud platform
- Partner with cloud platform engineering teams to build services and applications on both private and public cloud platforms
- Develop cloud migration patterns for a broad range of applications including distributed, database, big data, and COTS applications
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture and Application teams to develop creative enterprise grade solutions on cloud
- Help drive the next generation hybrid cloud adoption strategy and execution
- Contribute to best-in-class developer experience on the cloud platform
You will play a key role in designing and implementing solutions that enable cloud native application pattern adoption across American Express Technologies. You will partner closely with applications teams across the company to understand business critical, customer facing capabilities and provide first class cloud solutions that solve these challenges in a scalable, reusable manner.
Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
Work closely with product managers, platform and application engineers to implement versatile solutions to challenging enterprise problems
Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing your work flow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team
- 5+ years of software development experience in a professional environment such as:
- Wide breath of engineering experience
- Proven experience leading teams of engineers
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development, and automated testing
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
- You have an understanding of Kubernetes, Container Orchestrations, Docker, and Cloud Native applications
- Experience in using public cloud platform services, like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Must have experience in cloud native application patterns and tools, micro services architectures, application migrations to any cloud platform
- Excellent understanding of Infrastructure, Virtualization, Containers, Network, Storage, Monitoring tools, Logging analytic tools (Splunk, etc.)
- Experience with Application Performance Management tools (Splunk, App Dynamics, New Relic, DynaTrace, etc.)
- Real passion for and Excellent understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD) tools and processes (Example: Jenkins, Ansible, etc.)
- Deep understanding of Agile principles and processes
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 11, 2019, 11:32:18 AM