The Treasury department is responsible for managing American Express’ cash flow ensuring borrowing is minimized and funds are maximized. The team ensures AXP has the right amount of money, at the right time, in the right place, in the appropriate currency to fulfill its financial obligations when they become due. The team is also responsible for the design, implementation, and optimization of the cash flow processes to achieve business partner objectives.
In this role the Analyst will:
- Manage & forecast American Express’ daily cash flows to maximize available cash for investing and minimize borrowing costs.
- Ensure cash transfers are executed on a timely basis.
- Produce daily & monthly reporting of information to business partners.
- Monitor bank account balances to ensure balances are kept at minimum levels.
- Execute debt and investment trade settlement process which includes the receipt of trade details and the resolution of settlement related inquiries.
- Provide communication and servicing to investor population.
- Maintain and update desk operating procedures and support business continuation plans.
- Initiate compensation claims when needed and coordinate all back value adjustments.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Quick Learner with the ability to to multi-task while remaining organized
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude
- Works well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to streamline and automate processes
- Strong communication skills
- Candidate must be able to work independently under strict deadlines in a fast paced operations environment
- Cash Management, banking operations, and trade settlement experience preferred
- Knowledge of Automated Treasury Workstation preferred
- BS/BA/BBA degree required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel and PowerPoint required
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2019, 8:57:07 AM