Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Drives program/release level processes for an Agile Release Train demonstrating stellar servant leadership, coupled with domain knowledge and technical savvy
- Facilitates Program Increment planning meetings with leadership, business stakeholders, product management and delivery teams on the Agile Release Train(s).
- Support program level meetings in partnership with product management and system architect(s) to aid in the preparation, readiness and prioritization of features for future PI planning sessions.
- Ensures strategic alignment for the train across organizations and teams
- Partners with Business Owners, Product Managers and Product Owners to help assure strategy, vision and road map alignment and execution
- Ensure value is achieved by the train on behalf of end users via the program predictability measure
- Assists with economic decision making by supporting Program Epic and Feature estimations by program team and roll up to program/ release level visibility (overarching team roles)
- Collaborates with other RTEs to coordinate cross-train dependencies
- Live the Agile and SAFe Values & Principles
- Be uncomfortably transparent in all you do
- Be coachable yourself: be open to feedback and committed to continuous personal improvement
- Demonstrate being a lifelong learner
- Challenge the status quo gracefully
- Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks, and opportunities across Agile teams
- Escalates impediments, manages risks, dependencies and resourcing needs
- Aggregates and drives team Program Increment objectives into Program/ Release objectives to ensure successful delivery
- Mentor and coach to Agile Release Train on Agile/Lean/SAFe Principles
- Drives program/ release level continuous improvements
- Participates in enterprise program management improvement and standardization activities
- Encourages collaboration and quality practices between system architects & Agile teams
- Oversight to ensure the timely identification and prioritization of technical infrastructure to support implementation of priority features and enablers e.g. Architectural Runway
- Promotes compliance with SDLC standards across the Agile Release Train
- Ensures data integrity for the Agile Release Train within the Agile Management tools
- Strong facilitation and communication skills
- Demonstrates proficiency in Agile/Lean/SAFe Principles and Frameworks quality and testing best practices
- Ability to drive value delivery
- Possess a high degree of technical savvy, with a keen ability to learn about new technology quickly and easily
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 3 years of Scrum Master experience
- 7+ years relevant Program/Project Management experience
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver solutions
- SPC or SA certification required; RTE certification a plus
- PMI ACP Certifications a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 4, 2019, 6:10:42 AM