Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express prides itself with innovation and embarking on exciting transformations driven by energetic teams of high performers. Our Web Development Teams are comprised of entrepreneurial engineers with strong inclinations towards action and leadership and the power to shape our technology and product roadmap.
As a Software Development in Test Engineer you'll help us to continue delivering innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across the digital web. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world-class card member experiences. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a member of an Agile-oriented cross-functional team of software engineers, who develops and maintains existing test automation code with a high degree of quality, leveraging strong software design and test automation principles, ingenuity and creativity, attention to detail, and analytical skills to devise unique and innovative ways to test software solutions. We are looking for a resourceful, quality driven, Software Development Engineer in Test to be a part of our core engineering team. This team is responsible for verifying the development activities our MYCA web development department.This position will be strongly focused on writing code for use in testing features in our Web platforms. A qualifying applicant must already be experienced in independently writing and testing his/her own software.The individual in this role will have the ability to work on various features across multiple platforms, and to learn new technologies in the software security industry. Our engineers work in a collaborative, fast-paced, agile development environment.
· 4+ years of experience in software test engineering and software development
· 2+ years of experience in web application testing and development
· Author common API's and libraries for test automation
· Extensive code coverage through unit testing
· Must build, deploy, run & manage the application individually
· Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures
· Clear understanding of various software testing methodologies
· Experience with automation frameworks/tools such as JUnit, Selenium,Cucumber JS, Jest, Jenkin, Git
· Knowledge of web architecture
· Linux tools/utilities and basic Linux scripting languages
· Proficient in the English language with experience in technical writing
· Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field
· Experience with Agile-Scrum and other Agile methodologies • Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 4, 2019, 2:23:07 AM