This position will be seated at the National Cyber-Forensics & Training Alliance in New York, NY, and will manage multiple diverse criminal research projects, analysis and business responsibilities related to the criminal cyber threat landscape. As a key liaison with international law enforcement and private sector partners, the incumbent will also be responsible for helping to reduce and control fraud losses and conducting external investigations into suspected fraud against American Express. Emphasis will be placed on routine and moderately complex cases involving cyber based criminal activity.
- Conduct routine and moderately complex cybercrime investigations with minimal supervision
- Assist with highly complex cybercrime investigations involving organized and international criminal groups
- Conduct independent risk assessments of the cyber threat landscape and provide effective challenges to the current design of Global Security investigative and security methodologies
- Collect and compile evidence and document investigative activity in case management system
- Provide strong subject matter expertise in the areas of cyber threat intelligence, production and integration into security and investigative operations, threat and vulnerability management and other physical security domains as required
- Conduct industry benchmarking and peer-based analysis of available tools, investigative and security methodologies and risk mitigation practices to assess Global Security coverage gaps
- Work with national and international law enforcement agencies to investigate and prosecute crimes
- Collaborate on fraud and cyber investigations with counterparts at other organizations
- Prepare witness statements, provide information in response to court orders, and testify in court
- Collect intelligence about criminal networks or organized groups that commit financial crimes
- Work with internal groups to help American Express minimize risk and exposure to fraud, especially through online channels
- Ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in law enforcement and/or investigative work although candidates with advanced degrees will be considered
- Strong knowledge of computers, operating systems and system architecture a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or other 4-year degree a plus. Preferred fields of study to include computer science, criminal justice and/or social sciences
- Should be well versed on the latest technology and current issues in the field
- Strong leadership and inter-personal skills to motivate and influence business colleagues, government agencies, law enforcement and industry partners to support all facets of the Company’s fraud reduction and risk initiatives
- Must be able to speak with authority as a subject matter expert to those of different skill levels in electronic crime investigations
- Required to be on call 24/7/365
- Location: New York, NY
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2019, 2:25:40 PM