American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is dedicated exclusively to the success of businesses around the globe, both big and small. Our objective is to become the leading payments and working capital provider for our Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) customers globally.
Within Global Commercial Card Lending, our team currently owns all US proprietary (non-cobranded) credit cards, our pay over time feature available for all US charge cards, and its holistic value propositions / customer experiences focused on the SME segment. We have embarked on an ambitious growth plan to replicate this strategy globally with customization for the local market dynamics.
We are seeking a Director of International Card Lending, to lead a team responsible for developing and innovating new strategies across acquisition decisions related to investments, targeting, line and underwriting. This brand new team will be a center of excellence who will also work lockstep with the local product management teams to develop best-in-class credit cards and lending solutions on our charge base (both open-ended and closed-ended installments). This is a unique opportunity to build this team and the portfolio from the ground up and accelerate our culture of international lending excellence. The Director will report into the VP of International Commercial Card Lending Products. This is an exciting growth area for American Express and will enable excellent visibility to Senior Leadership.
This team will work closely with the local product management, risk management, finance, marketing, GCO, Compliance and technology teams to identify market opportunities, target the right prospects and unlock opportunities within the existing customer base. All of this is done with a consistent focus on balancing portfolio economics and risk for both top and bottom-line objectives.
Grow International Card Billings and A/R at the right margins through strategic management of product P&Ls.
Develop and innovate new strategies to improve Cardmember acquisition decisions (e.g., investment allocation, underwriting, initial line, targeting)
Research, analyze and champion prospect needs with a focus on the Small Business Owner in key international markets.
Collaborate with the local market teams to flawlessly execute on lending growth strategies
Hire and lead a team of 2 high performers to partner, develop and execute on yield management strategies for existing lending customers across card portfolios.
Inform pricing policies, identifying revenue generating pricing opportunities, creating frameworks for evaluating pricing proposals, ensuring control and compliance for lending pricing levers
Share best practices and lessons learned across markets and business units with key stakeholders and partners
Maintain an understanding of the current and future state of competition and regulation across markets to anticipate, identify and act upon key opportunities and threats in a timely fashion.
Partner closely with and influence key functional and execution teams, including Finance, Risk, Marketing, Technologies, GCO, Compliance, Enterprise Digital and Operations.
- 5+ years Product Management, Marketing and/or Lending experience.
- Strong relationship management skills across a diverse network, including collaborating with and influencing partners and leadership both in-person and virtually.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and executive presence, including the ability to present to and work with senior leaders with poise and confidence.
- Strong customer-centric mentality and customer-first approach with ability to assess and understand customer needs and ensure incorporation in strategies
- Strong analytical skills with expertise in lending economics and risk management highly preferred.
- Prior international experience is preferred.
- Proven track record of driving results and measurable outcomes across multiple projects in a highly matrixed organization, including ability to anticipate and mitigate issues.
- History of strong people leadership, effectively managing, engaging and developing talent.
- Winning attitude that motivates and develops direct reports
- Demonstrates a growth mindset that embraces change and is adaptable to a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to take calculated risks, think boldly, challenge the status quo and drive true innovation.
- Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions
- NY-based position requiring up to 10% of the time traveling internationally
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2019, 10:19:56 AM