Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
• Enables the technical delivery of a set of projects
• Works with the application teams to design, manage the acquisition, installation and configuration of the technical components of the solution, and manage the day-to-day operations of the local and deployed instances of the solution
• Responsible for ensuring that infrastructure solutions adhere to technical standards
Member of an infrastructure product engineering team reporting to an Engineering
Director, extended member of software product engineering team
• Work closely with application teams to define, frame and capture business needs
• Participate in the infrastructure design and selection process
• Align customer needs to the evolution of the platform product roadmap
• Oversee the diagnosis and correction of infrastructure problems
• Provide internal analysis and support to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance
• Conduct infrastructure performance and security assessments
• Support the certification and accreditation of infrastructure on customer networks
• Provide value-added solutions for business, both tactically and strategically
• Lead customers to understand how current or envisioned processes align to industry best practice
• Define processes, documentation and engineering diagrams for technical and operations support
• Prioritize, complete and oversee projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
• Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
• Responsible for the quality of deliverables in terms of the technical design, implementation, testing and adherence to technical compliance standards
• Provide lead support and direction to the team responsible for the overall health and maintenance of all infrastructure assets
Scope of Impact/Influence
• Responsible for the infrastructure platform and supporting technology
• Leads the design, build, enhancement and integration of infrastructure with AET
• Plays an integral role in building and enhancing infrastructure in terms of robustness, scalability, availability and efficiency
• Leadership accountable for team completing assigned tasks an
Education & Experience
• 8+ years of experience with systems analysis/programming, incorporating: design methodology, Infrastructure operations support or engineering
• 5+ years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator
• 5+ year experience with Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 or later.
• EBS migration experience required.
• Experience with Oracle Cloud a definite plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent work experience
• Specific technical experience working with one or more of the following areas:
• Oracle Engineered Systems including but not limited to: Exadata, Database Appliance and ZFS Appliance
• VMWare, Oracle VM, Unix, Citrix, Linux, Windows
• Experienced knowledge of one or more of the following:
o Infrastructure and server theories, principles, and concepts
o Application infrastructure and standards
o Networking fundamentals
o Storage management (i.e. SAN) design and support
o Databases (i.e. IMS, DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MS Access, etc.)
o Middleware technologies (i.e. WebLogic)
• Experienced knowledge using the core tools used in the planning, analyzing, designing, building, testing, configuring and maintaining of assigned application(s)
• Core knowledge of platform delivery methodology (Agile, Scrum, Agile XP, Test-Driven Development, Waterfall, etc.)
• Agile Practices
• Emerging Technologies
• Programming Languages and Frameworks
• Programming/Software Development
• SDLC Methodologies and Practices
• System/Platform Domain Knowledge
• Systems Design
• Systems Installation/Decommissioning
• Systems Integration
• Business Analysis
• Capacity Management
• Change Management
• Release and Deployment
• Requirements Definition and Management
• System Software
• Adaptive Communication
• Analytical Thinking
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Documentation& Technical Writing
• Industry and Company Knowledge
• Problem Solving
• Technology Industry Trends
• Collaboration& Teamwork
• Continuous Improvement
• Growth Mindset
• Learning Agility
• Open Communication
• Servant Leadership
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2019, 5:03:05 AM